Moving house!

nikki_isme

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm going to be moving house at 7 1/2 months pregnant (eek!) but I was wondering what happens to my maternity care. I guess I need to find a new GP asap, would they transfer my care over? I'm moving to a totally new borough, so will be a different NHS trust.

Has anyone else done this? I want to make sure I don't get any gaps in my care!

x

You have your maternity notes, which contain all the stuff relevant to your pregnancy. Obviously there are your normal notes (probably mostly on computer now, but you may have some paper ones). These will be requested by your new practice. If you want you can go to your old GP and ask for copies of all your medical records, but there will probably be a charge for this (I don't think this is necessary either).

Register as soon as you can with a new GP and ask how you get a referral to their midwife (sometimes they do it, sometimes you have to do it yourself - either way, just ask and do whatever's necessary). It should be reasonably straightforward.

I'm in the same situation as you. The midwife said it's easy to get things transferred :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back