Moving house!

naomi88

Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the day, after our move getting rescheduled 4 times it would appear that it is finally happening!!

So excited- can't wait to get decorating. Hoping that we will have a fair amount done by the time the babba arrives as it's mainly surface stuff that needs changing. The house we are currently living in was a house that my husband got with the girlfriend he had a while before me, and so it feels like such a relief to be cutting the last tie! I know our new house is going to make a lovely family home.

Just got to try and avoid raising suspicions of my family who are all chipping in when i don't help with the lifting!!

Also, had my ipod on shuffle earlier and a delta goodrem song came on. Made me sniffle a bit what with all the horrible things that some of you have been going through this past week, and thought i would share the lyrics. We are all a lot stronger than we think. Really hope those of you still awaiting news have things turn out ok. xx

Are you swimming upstream in oceans of blue?*
Do you feel like you're sinking?*
Are you sick of the rain after all you've been through?*
Well I know what you're thinking*

When you can't take it*
You can make it*
Sometime soon I know you'll see*

'cause when*you're*in your darkest hour*
And all of the light just fades away*
When you're like a single flower
whose colours have turned to shades of gray*
Well hang on and be strong*

We're*taking each step one day at a time*
You can't loose your spirit*
Let live and let live forget and forgive*
It's all how you see it*

And just remember keep it together*
Don't you know you're never alone*

'cause when you're in your darkest hour*
Well hang on, and be strong*

No you're not defeated*
And soon you'll be smiling once again*
Then you won't have to feel it*
Let it go with the wind*
Time passes us by*
And know that you're*allowed*to cry*

'cause when you're in your darkest hour*
Well hang on and be strong

Hi Naomi88, how exciting moving house! :) i will also be moving house next week when we get our new keys (hopefully!) - cant wait! :) i also love Delta Goodram - and this song is a fav of mine. Am sure your new house will make a lovely family home - enjoy, :)

Aw thank you!! Good luck for your move! Stressful but exciting time eh?!! Will definitely feel more real once i am holding those keys in my hand! Are you moving far? Xx

Good luck with your move how exciting but stressful at the same time! Hope your move goes well and you have lots of happy memories in it to come xxxx

Good luck with the move Naomi :)
We are house hunting (to rent) at the moment, it's a stressful thing to do.

Good luck with the move! Great time to move too - lots of time before baby arrives! We had to move out of our house when LO was 3 months and in with my parents, then finally into new house when LO was 5 months old! Just make sure you do the ordering around and no lifting :) xx

Good luck with the move! Great time to move too - lots of time before baby arrives! We had to move out of our house when LO was 3 months and in with my parents, then finally into new house when LO was 5 months old! Just make sure you do the ordering around and no lifting :) xx

God moving once is bad enough- definitely couldn't do it twice!!

Thanks for the luck everyone! X

Good luck with the move! It will take your mind off things for a while, your early scan will be here in no time! xx

Aw thank you too! :) yeah it is stressful but exciting! Our move date has changed several times but hopefully next week is our definite date, :) We are only moving around 10 miles away thank goodness, :lol: how about you? Good luck and hope it goes smoothly for you, :) xx

Well, we're in!!! Haven't event started unpacking yet- by the time we finished unloading yesterday we were both shattered! Managed to not do any heavy lifting but i swear everyone thought i was being lazy!!

We've moved about half an hour away so not too bad really. Love the house, although the people took all the light bulbs etc with them and didn't leave any instructions for cooker etc. But we're here!!

Going shopping for a sofa and some paint for the living room today :) xx

Aww so glad everything went smoothly! Well done for not doing too much ppl will understand when you spill the beans. Hope your both very happy in your new home :) xxx

Exciting! Glad you got in safely! Can't believe the cheapness of the sellers, as if you would take the light bulbs, although saying that I might take my light fitting in the living room as it's pretty amazing.
Orr I'm jealous, I love interior design! Might have to move soon to satisfy my addiction! Xx

Good luck Naomi, you can do all the coordinating and delegating :)

Xxx

Exciting! Glad you got in safely! Can't believe the cheapness of the sellers, as if you would take the light bulbs, although saying that I might take my light fitting in the living room as it's pretty amazing.
Orr I'm jealous, I love interior design! Might have to move soon to satisfy my addiction! Xx

Yep i can't wait to get started!!! Didnt decorate our old house as we knew we wouldn't be staying there, so can't wait to put our own stamp on this one!!

Yeh very cheap- literally every light bulb in the house and every fitting like toilet roll holders, curtain rails etc etc. Luckily had some candles! Xx

Yep i can't wait to get started!!! Didnt decorate our old house as we knew we wouldn't be staying there, so can't wait to put our own stamp on this one!!

Yeh very cheap- literally every light bulb in the house and every fitting like toilet roll holders, curtain rails etc etc. Luckily had some candles! Xx

That is so out of order - arseholes!!! What a pain it would have been if you hadn't had candles. Have they at least left you the carpets and door handles? :D xx

Some people!!!! :shock: I never understand that kind of cheapness... We actually had the complete opposite where lightbulbs are concerned - they'd left a load of old 60W and 100W bulbs under the stairs. Probably keep us going for the next decade or so!

Glad the move went well and enjoy decorating your new home! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back