Moving house?

We have also been looking to move, but it wont happen now until after the baby, as im almost 37 weeks already! - Currently renting privately in a 2 bed flat and have a 10 year old. Her room is only big enough for her (box room) and our room only fits the crib - i dont see how it will fit a cot! - We have been looking to buy a 3 bed house but just havent found the right place. The thing is in January our tenancy expires and will then need to be renewed for another year - and we rreally want to avoid renewing again.

Good luck xx

I wish everyone in this situation all the best of luck! If only houses weren't so expensive :(

It's Thanet council, they are notoriously useless about everything but I'm going to get myself on the list anyway just in case. Kind of glad I'm not the only one feeling the pressure of this! Hope everyone gets things sorted out!

dont worry u wil all get it sorted wen i was pregnant with my son i was still living with my parent and wen i would have had baby i would have been homless as there wasnt enough room for us as there was three of us already in on room #(me and two f my sisters) i managed to get a flat but didnt sign the tenancy till a month before my due date and didnt get the keys till a weeks beofre my due date and then he decided to come three days early aswell i was sill unpacking boxes and thingy whilst in labour just to try and get some things sorted before i actually had him haha i was unpacking boxes at about 7cm dialated xxx

Hahah that made me laugh out loud! There's a running joke at my work (I'm a tattoo artist) that ill be tattooing when my waters break. That would be awkward!

Explain to the mw that the matb1 is for housing and she will give it to you at 20 weeks.

I don't know if this helps anyone but i went to the council friday and they told me that councils are bringing in a new scheme which means if you are privately renting and get housing benefit then 2-3 months before baby is here you can get a top up to the same amount your housing benefit would be with a dependant. They will also pay your rent in advance and deposit :)

Just thought I'd let you know! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back