Moving house sooo true what they say!

Robyner

Reaction score
Soooooo stressed!!!
Why does it take so long to sort out a moving date!

It's definitely up there with the most stressful things! Hope you get a date sorted soon, we had a nightmare move when I was having my first. Worth it in the end though! Xx

I moved months ago and I am still not settled. By far the hardest move I have done. My next move will be my last one so hetes hoping I win the lottery for a decent sized house :lol:

Xxx

Oh ladies its crap isnt it?!
My dh works abroad a lot so i sorted our move from scotland back to england pretty much on my own my end, his family were brilliant the other end and even viewed our house for us ( rented )
Now we are buying, i hate him being away so much.
Weve been trying to confirm a date for over a week and get conflicting stories on what the hold up is.
I sold a house many years ago and found the estate agents often told huge porkies.
Just feel so unsettled.
I know things could be so much worse but i just want it sorting so we can hand our notice in, in good time to be fair to the landlady.
Im hoping this will be our last move. Dh is almost 50 (!) and its his first mortgage.
Xxx

We sound so similar...hubby works abroad a lot too , pain in the bum in terms of signing paperwork etc! I think there are some definite porkies told, they just try to keep everybody happy but aren't efficient enough to keep on top of things...unless it's asking for their fee!

Have you spoken to landlady yet to give her a heads up. Ours were great, we were hoping to be out by the end of our contract on Nov 26th...I ended up having surgery mid November, so I was pregnant, poorly and weak for 3 weeks after and just couldn't move. They were brilliant and gave us until 13th December which was great breathing space. Xx

I took 2 weeks off work and had to decorate within a week plus flit. I went back to work more tired.

OH did help with some but we were apart so I did most so I feel your pain of going it alone.

I know your prob sick to the back teeth of moving and buying house things and every thought being moving or house related but you will get there.

xxxx

I havent mentioned anything about us moving, do you think i should give her a heads up?
Shes very nervous generally and im worried she will flap. If we dont end up moving it will be a nightmare!
My thoughts were just to wait for the confirmed date. She knows we are looking to buy so it wont be a complete surprise but maybe i should mention it.
Dh has been good at phoning everyday this week but we arent getting anywhere gggrrrr.
Thankfully weve been able to do most things via email with this solicitor.
You are right about the fee!

Flit! Theres a word i havent heard in a while :)
I miss the scottish accent so much too xx

Ah a suppose it depends if she's a bit of a nervous type maybe wait until you have a definite date so she's not stressing out and stressing you out! Xx

I just want to be fair to her, shes been really lovely but definitely seems to have a nervous disposition.
Trying my best to be relaxed while waiting! Dh is going to demand a date tomorrow or we put the move further to january. Hes got so many work commitments, its made things hard.
Although weve been ready to go for ages, theres been lots of hold ups in the chain with other people, its unfortunate that its fallen now when dh is away so much.
We had our offer accepted in june!

Aw what a nightmare, we had an offer accepted in March 2013, fell through when we were on honeymoon in the August...we lost a small fortune :-( the next one moved faster offer accepted September, got keys November and moved in December.

It would be a good idea to push beyond Christmas if it gets too close...we ate Christmas dinner in a room with no carpets, curtains or even plaster on the walls hehe! Xx

We moved house yesterday and I'm fed up of seeing boxes and bags...I'm back at work tomorrow and I really can't be bothered...I can't find anything either-I had to go to a speech therapy appt with my youngest wearing a long grey jumper and leggings with blue trainers!?!!! ��

Lol oh bless you!! I see by your ticker you have 4 boys! The move must have been a mammoth task!

More bs from estate agents!! Suddenly new delays but cant say what they are blah blah blah meanwhile the solicitors bank accounts are gaining lots of lovely interest cough cough
So this afternoon i gave them an ultimatum. We are in no rush we just want to know our date NOW or we move some time next year. Within 5 minutes everyone is good to go and exchange monday. Hmmmmm

Moving is a very difficult task. It takes time to settle in place and arrange everything neatly. Thank God I have moved before I was pregnant or else it would have been more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back