Moving from bottle to sippy

BeccaH1

Reaction score
Hi

We ate BLW with our little boy (almost 8 mths) and he's doing great. He has 3 meals a day and was staring to reduce his milk intake until he became poorly a couple of weeks ago and we essentially started again.

Things are now back on track and he's eating as he was pre illness. Past couple of days he's been leaving some of his bottle. My question is at some point presumably I can start to give his formula in his sippy but when is a time to start? He has his sippy at each meal and uses it quite well to take water (marvellously when he was poorly).

I've no intention of forcing a reduction in milk. Just curious

I'm following this as I cannot get my boy to have milk in his sippy. As far as he is concerned the sippy is for water and the bottle is for milk! If I try and put milk in his sippy he has a meltdown! :roll:

Oh really. They can be devils can't they?

This morning the little fella didn't finish his first bottle so I put the remaining 4 oz in his sippy. After he has his breakfast I sat him on my lap and offered it to him. He took a few sips happily.

I know they say to experiment with different cups but I guess if he's taking the water from it he's already comfy with that particular one? They do love the bottle for comfort though :)

Durham chance have you tried getting an identical sippy cup in a different colour? We have orange for water and blue for cows milk. Never used bottles though as she was breastfed baby, currently reducing her feeds and giving more cows milk and other dairy during the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back