Movements

BettyHoop

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it's normal for baby to be quiet for a day or two at around 20 weeks? I've been feeling fairly regular movements for about 2 weeks now and then nothing at all yesterday or today so far xx

Hey Bettyhoop, I can't really advice as I didn't get any
Movements until 25 weeks!!

However, if your baby has been moving and has been quiet for the last 2 days I would call your midwife or antenatal unit, have you had your 20 week scan yet? Xx

No my 20 week scan isn't until Friday. When you did get movements, did they come and go at first or have they always been consistent? Xx

What I would also advise is lying on your left side in bed for as long as you can and try and concentrate on movements, have a glass of water (not to cold though) and make sure you don't need a we! Hopefully lil bun a will give you a kick xxx

No my 20 week scan isn't until Friday. When you did get movements, did they come and go at first or have they always been consistent? Xx

As my midwife told me I may not feel movements until 25/26 weeks as it's my first I didn't take much notice of them between 25-26 weeks as there was no set pattern but then after 26 weeks the baby got into a routine.... it moves in morning around lunch then lots at night. Last Monday it didn't move in the morning so I rang the antinatel clinic and they told me to go up and they put me in the heart rate monitor :)

They say that it's. It not about counting kicks so much anymore but monitoring your baby's pattern xxxx

Last edited:
My movements aren't consistent at all. Some days I barely feel anything, others he is going mad. I had a midwife appointment last week and she said not to worry as still very early to be feeling consistent movements and they still have loads of room to hide at the back where you can't feel them.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm overly worrying as I don't think the baby will have a routine for another few weeks but I didn't think it would be completely quiet for so long. One of my partners friends is a midwife so we're going to give her a quick call and see what's she says xx

Ah snowbee your reply has made me feel better thank you! Xx

Betty, please don't worry. I never felt anything at all until 20+ weeks with my first pregnancy and with this one I was still having quiet days a few weeks back. She seems to have a pattern now but I am 3 and a half weeks ahead so will be different.
Hopefully your midwife friend can reassure you too xx

I'm 20 weeks and the movement each day is still random. I panicked last week too, when I didn't feel anything for nearly two days, but I think it's normal. Also, I think I experience most movement during the night, which you might not feel if you sleep well. I had my scan yesterday and was pleased to find out everything is ok!

I have quiet days too HUN, esp at 20 weeks I would go for a day or two with nothing, they are small and can hide! I am sure baby is just fine and probably sleeping and hiding xx I can go all day now and not feel a movement xx

My movements at 20 weeks were very sporadic and I had days of not feeling anything. I don't think it's expected to have regular movements at that stage although I know it's unsettling when they go quiet. Always give your midwife a call though if you're concerned. I find in early pregnancy I can't wait to feel movement but when it actually starts it's a whole new world of stress! xx

I started feeling movements at 17 weeks with my 1st. 15 weeks with my 2nd and 14 with my 3rd. Movemens started feelingstronger around 20/21 weeks but were not consistent until about 25 weeks. I think while baby is so small and has lots of fluid to dance about in it is easy for then to get into a position that you can't feel the movements.

Thanks all xx I did feel a bit of movement this evening in the end but it was in a different place so guess baby has moved and been hiding all this time! Browneyed girl you are right - I was so excited to feel movement but now realise it's going to be another worry too!! Xx

Sometimes they kick towards the back and you can't feel it lol I end up prodding mine and waking her up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back