Movement?!?

futuremummy237

Reaction score
Hello! Just wondered if you ladies could offer an opinion...

About 2 weeks ago when I was lying in bed I had this really weird flipping sensation in my lower tummy, and then later that day it happened again when I was driving away from mothercare (of all places).

Then on Thursday day I felt a fluttering in my lower belly which I am sure was baby, it was like can of pop being opened or something. It definitely wasn't wind (I've had a lot if experience with that since being pregnant, one if those wonderful sides of it everyone forgets to mention).

Now I am constantly getting these little feelings like someone is tapping in my lower tummy, but they hurt the tiniest bit. Is thus baby movements, and do they normally hurt a little bit?

I should also mention, I'm only 15 and a half weeks pregnant (although my bump looks way bigger)!! Should I be feeling movement this early on? I know they say if you have had a baby before then you can, and I have been pregnant but lost my baby boy at 16 weeks, so does thus count in this instance?

Sorry for the essay, some opinions would be great because I feel some pregnancy paranoia coming on ha! X

I've had these feelings too. Popping is a great way to describe it. I'm only 16 weeks.
Sorry I can't tell you if it's movements or not but just wanted to say your not alone I'm feeling the exact same things xxx

Hi ladies,

That is definitely baby movement - that is exactly how mine started and I was around 16 weeks at the time too :)

I'm almost 20 weeks now and the movement now feels more like I am being proded by a finger on the inside of my tummy - I wouldn't say it "hurts" as such but it can be uncomfortable x

Sounds exactly right!! Only fel mine possibly once so far, mine could have been wind! Ha, but im normally 24 weeks for movement

I've been getting exactly the feelings you've described, and put it mostly down to movements, but i think there may also be feelings relating to womb stretching, as i keep getting really strong pulling pains too, not painful but def uncomfortable. Due to crazy paranoia, i checked the hb with the doppler this morning and i think baby was asleep as hb was 134, which would fit i guess with the stretching theory?

There is certainly a lot noone tells you about!!

I've been getting this since fourteen weeks an I always assume its baby:) so exciting!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back