Movement

Sully2012

Reaction score
Need some advice, my baby seems to have moved less over the past two days. I'm nearly 30 weeks, anyone know if it's because she could of changed position? Worrying myself silly. Been sat here for two hours and only felt her 4 times and her kicks are not as hard as they were xx

All normal defo. I've had plenty of moments like this. They love worrying us don't they!

Could be because they're been lazy, or maybe kicking into your back so you're not feeling it!
They say that as long as you feel 10 movements in total in 24hrs then you have no reason to worry :)

I said the same thing to midwife yeasterday, only getting 4 movements a day for a couple of days, she said it should be ten a day. Might be because i have been coughing so much i havent noticed tho. Im on 8 today tho so seems ok now x

Sounds normal as baby's have rest days lol

If ur worried tho ring mw!

Baby may be being quieter than normal because may be having a growth spurt. I worry all the time as I don't feel LO very often, but think he's towards my back or something. xx

yeah they have a growth spurt and go quiet or move to where you cant feel them well and at 30 weeks they start running out of space to wriggle too so move less. i usually go by wether i have felt movement in the last hour or so and if i have i dont worry cos i cant feel it properly anyway with the anterior placenta i have it means kicks are quite softened and really dont feel like decent movements.

i been told look for 10 a day, but also if you r worried, MW advised me to lay on my left side in a quiet room for an hour, and concentrate on whether i can feel any movements and count them. you can then always call MW and give them the count and they will advise.
i dont get movements every hour, i tend to get them tiny bit in morning, maybe couple durin day and mainly more when i sit down after work in eve. They say if ur active, this rocks baby to sleep so they tend to only move more when ur still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back