Movement and kicks

kellysomer

Reaction score
Do you think i should be worried that i haven't felt my baby move yet? I have felt nothing at all, everytime i think i have felt something it turns out to be indigestion or wind (sorry TMI) or something else. I have my 20 week scan on tuesday and am now thinking that i might get told something is wrong as my bump (if you can call it that!) is very tiny too and seems to get smaller sometimes. If anything awful had happened do you bleed straight away and feel ill, i feel wonderful in myself with no symptoms now and dont really feel pregnant at all? I was fine until a little scare a month ago and now worry about everything.

When do you normally feel your 1st baby i am 19 and a half weeks pregnant and a size 10 and 24 on Sunday if that makes any difference?

:shock: Does anyone know if i would feel ill if something horrid had happened, sorry going into pregnant panicky mode now........ :oops:

All people are different. I was quite lucky and felt mine move early, at 16 weeks. But my Aunt (same age as me) who is really slim (a size 8-10) didn't feel hers until she was well into her 20 weeks, they said it was because her placenta was up higher.

I have days now when my bump seems smaller, particularly in the morning when I am lying down, so don't worry about that.

If you are really worried then it might be worth giving your MW a call to see if you can see her before Tuesday and get her to have a listen in with a doppler, just to put your mind at rest :)

Kelly

Are you quite tall? Because for lotes of people the taller you are the later you feel it.

I seem to remember that Cat said she didn't feel her baby move until 21 weeks. I posted exactly the same worry as yours at your stage.

I felt my first kicking during the 19th week, so I bet yours won't be long.

It was extremely gentle though. The tiniest little nudge followed by a small bubble-popping feeling. At that stage I could only feel it if I was laying down on my back, in a really quiet room, and really concentrating!!!!!!!! :D

My doctor told me that some first time mum's don't feel anything until at least 22 weeks and I don't think he believed that I actually had felt something before that.
I am always worried that something is wrong, the last time I went to the midwife I could feel the baby moving, but it was still such a relief to hear her wee heartbeat and to hear the midwife say that everything was ok. I think it is normal to be petrified that something is wrong, at my first scan I was convinced that there wasn't even going to be anything there :roll:

But yes, I do agree with rosieroo, if you are really very worried then it is worth going to see your midwife earlier, to put your mind at rest if nothing else and then you will be able to relax.

Take care xxxxx

I hope its not too long away now, it seems like forever since i found out i was pregnant! :(

I am not very tall about national average it think. I'm 5'6'' but quite slim. I will wait until tuesday to be reassured as i have been to see the midwife in a panic once already and dont want to be a pain when they are so busy.

Sarah - LOL i have been laying down about 10pm and really concentrating but all i can feel is my stomach forver rumbling!!!! Just like you i lay there really concentrating and OH finds it very amusing!

All i know is that my placenta is anterior whatever that means!

Some women feel things at different stages. It is not uncommon to be 19 1/2wks and not to have felt anything. Also, you may very well have felt something and not have noticed. I know your thinking "yeah right I've been waiting for it to happen and when it does happen I'll know it"! :D But when we are this stage it is very light and it may go unnoticed but it could get stronger and happen at any moment. I have been feeling movement for quite sometime now and an actual kick I felt Monday night where hubby could also feel it. This is also my 5th child so I am much more aware of it when it is happening. When you think you are expeirencing gas it may actually be the baby moving it does feel similar. Don't ever feel you are being a pain, your midwife is use to mother's worrying it's what we do!! :D But they are there to make sure we are ok so do not hesitate to give her call!! Let us know how you do on Tuesday.

xoxo Ree

Awww thanks Ree, by the way is that your real name i love it! (might have to steal it for my girls names list!) Whats it short for?

LOL my gas probably is it! :oops: Wait till the baby grows up and i say mummy thought you were wind!

Of course i'll let you know how i get on on tuesday!!!!! As if i wouldn't!
I'll be armed with scan pics too!
:D

yes it is my real name, Ree is short for Rehannon which is said like Shannon only take off the Sh and put Re on it...It's a song by Fleetwood Mac but of mom spelled it wrong it should be spelled Rhiannon..Steal away I say!!!!

That's funny mistaken the peanut for wind!! Could be worse tho could have mistaken the baby for an alien!!! :wink:

xoxo Ree

I did not feel my little one before 21 weeks, and I am quite small, and my bump is now of a good size, but just like you, it took time to get to what I was expecting!
I still don't feel my baby that much (at least not as much as I would like!! :lol: ), but I saw my midwife last Wednesday, and she said it was nothing to worry about, and even said that they don't expect 1st mothers-to-be to feel REGULAR movements before around 28 weeks.
Of course, this varies according to women, but I'd say, don't worry, relax and try having fizzy drink in the evening and lie down on your back...that's how I felt it!
Let us know when you feel anything! good luck :D

Love,
Mel xx

I forgot to say... when my midwife listened to the heartbeat, we could hear the kicks ( :shock: !!!!) many actually, but I could not feel them!
That was really funny, as there were very frequent and loud!!
My little girl seems to be very active but discreet!
Mel xx

LOL my baby was kicking the hell out of the doppler when we heard it! I just cant feel it. The midwife said he/she was really jumping about and you could hear a 'thud, thud, thud' on the doppler really loudly!

:D I now know as well from speaking to the midwife that if you are 'unusual' (how polite) like me and have your placenta on the front of your bump (anterior) instead of towards your spine you get to feel less as the baby kicks that instead of your tummy! Perhaps in a few weeks i'll feel grateful of that!

Is anyone else anterior like me!? :shock:

Hey Kellysomer,

I just wanted to say that I am glad you were able to listen to the baby and now you know your little peanut is just fine!!! I don't believe I am but I guess there is no way of knowing until you have a scan done but I can feel my little one all the time, even when I'm trying to sleep!!! lol But that is great news!!!

xoxo Ree

Hi!!

I was exactly the same as you. I am now 31 weeks. I had not felt any movement at all until 20-21 weeks. I still wonder if I am actually pregnant (LOL), the baby does move all the time now, although I have never been sick or felt sick. I am 5.7 tall and quite thin. My bump is not very big at all, getting a bit bigger now as the weeks pass.

The only problem I have had through pregnancy was Acid Reflux (Coscondritus), which lasted 5 days back when I was 5 months along.

The hospital checked me for a collapsd lung and I was unable to breath at all, then my heart decided to go a crazy (130 beats per minutes). I have a heart condition but I have come off of my medication since falling pregnant. Apart from those 5 days, everything has been fantastic.

I hope you are doing well!!

Tineke

Sorry everybody i meant to write that the baby was kicking a lot when we heard the heartbeat at my bookin in appointment a few weeks ago, i didnt mean that i'd been to see them since.

Anyway the good news is that last night i felt flutters after drinking a pint of coca cola and then laying dead still, and then today in the car i am sure i got a tiny kick, not 100% but i can't think what else it could have been! :D

I'll be on here as soon as i get back from my scan on tueday at 3:20 and will tell tou all all the gossip!

hey, that's great news!!!!

At the moment, I am craving for a lot of sweets (lollies and whistles), and after one of them, my little one is kicking a lot!!!!!!!! EIther she likes it or she tries to tell me she doesn't!!! :?

Anyway, I am happy for you, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel xx

I was really early feeling Ashtyn, he first made himself known (properly) at 18 weeks and then he hasnt stopped! O/H felt him soon after.
My mum felt me at an early stage aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back