Motion sickness

lugosi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Looking for anyone that can relate maybe has been through something similar...
I’m 28, 29 in May so we are thinking of Ttc relatively soon (1st one).
The problem is travel. I have family overseas, specifically 3 grandparents that are really getting on (95 soon) so I think an annual trip is necessary. I am reluctant to travel while pregnant as I have very bad motion sickness it’s a 14 hour flight I never eat airplane food as it comes straight back up, so I’m stuck with chocolate and chips the only thing that I can keep down. Can anyone relate say it’s fine to eat junk while pregnant and put your body through that stress?? Or do I need to put off TTC or not visit my family... I don’t know what to do

In tri 1 I couldn’t stomach anything healthy. I literally just ate bland carbs like toast and crisps for 16 weeks. Babies are like parasites - they’ll get everything they need even if you don’t eat well... they basically suck the stored nutrients right out of you lol. As long as you’re taking pregnancy vitamins it’s fine.

In terms of travelling - the flight won’t be too much stress on your body. Flying for 14hrs when you’re in the later stages of pregnancy will be very uncomfortable though, plus you never know if you’ll be someone who has complications or is a high risk for pre-term labour. You probably shouldn’t book something that’s more than 6 months away if you’re TTC but I don’t think you should stop travelling just because you might get pregnant.

Ok not booking anything does sound smart! Thank you :)
I just know I will be a mess on the plane since I’m nauseous without being pregnant and like you say it’s a parasite and I won’t have anything nutritious in my stomach :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back