Motherhood is getting better!

Rosieroo

Reaction score
We had two nights on the trot that Ella slept 7-7.5 hours straight, and last night she slept for 9 hours straight :D :D :D

Unfortunately I didn't get the full nine hours as I kept waking everytime she made a sound, and had to get up to express as I woke in a puddle of milk as I hadn't had to feed her.

Today I've managed to have a long shower, shave my pins for the first time in 6 months :shock: , exfoliate, slather on some moisturiser, straighten my hair and iron a shirt (which I've never done in my life and it's still creased, got to start practicing for when Ella goes school ). If the weather stays nice I'm going to walk her down to Matalan to pick up some vests for her and tops for me after her next feed and change.

I feel a lot more confident about my abilities now as a mum, it does take some getting used to. And the feeding is going a lot lot better aswell. The sleeping at night is probably a fluke, but she's done it for 3 nights now so hopefully we're on the right track. I think it's taking her out in the fresh air!

Its so great when they sleep through the night, it somehow makes the day more manageable?!

Its so good you were able to do all those things! i remember when jamie was a newborn i was thinking omg im never going to have time to shower and do make up in a day ever again!!!! lol but as you know it gets easier! Also makes you feel soooo much better about yourself!

Sounds like you are doing great! Hopefully the night sleeping will continue for you!

Steph x

well done rosie!

im glad things are going well for you and your feeling better :)

xxx

Great to hear Rosie, I have also just managed to have a shower and straighten my hair but my sister is helping me out so I am cheating!!! :D

Glad things are getting better hunnie and you're finding more time for yourself, it is hard. I still have days where I don't bother at all. I hope Ella keeps up the sleeping too. :D

JEALOUS!! lol, great news hope she keeps it up hun :D

Great news, it gets easier and better with each day :)

Ha! Spoke too soon!!

Great morning, shit afternoon. Had to feed her twice before I could get her in her pram for our walk. Within an hour she wanted feeding again so I hootfooted it home and spent approx 3 hours with her on and off.

Think she had a bad belly though as she pooed for Britain this evening, poor little thing. Have used up my reserves that I had in the fridge for her last feed to give my boobies some time to build some milk up. She's gone sleep in her moses basket which is a PITA as it's better for me if she settles later as she sleeps better. But at least she isn't tugging on my nipple!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back