Mothercare My4 - Does the hood actually come off?

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
I recently acquired a mothercare my4 and so far im completely bowled over by it!, i dont know how i ever had crappy plastic wheels when i could of had air filled ones! I love it

The one thing i really want to know is if the hood can come off so you can clean it?, after close inspection the hood appears to have rivets, i thought a simple posi drive would get them off but the holes are round..I really need to get it off to give it a really good scrub since theres now an unsightly dirty mark on it!..Ive tried sponging it but is there anyway i can take the hood off the rod to give it a clean, as with my graco evo the posi drive seems to get the screws off wonderfully, which then allows me to slide the hood off to shove it in the wash

So, are there any my4 owners out there who have managed to get the hood off or at least give me some tips on how to clean it if it doesnt come off?

Many thanks :)

I had a quick Google as I habe been considering this. Looks like it doesn't come off. Looks like people have put it in the wash attached to the rod but not sure if I would try it :s

Well I'll try anything once, I wouldn't put it in loosely I was thinking about maybe putting it in a pillowcase or wrapping then around the clips so it doesn't damage the washing machine...may have to look into it a bit more I think!

Thank you :)

I have the my4 in black, thankfully it doesnt really show any marks. Would you not be able to just give it a good scrub with a sponge scourer and a fabric cleaner? Other than this I wouldnt know what to suggest sorry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back