Mother in law from hell.

Peace

Reaction score
So!.... just don't know where to start. I will start of by introducing myself. My name is peace and I've been married for just over a year. I have known my husband for over 5
Years and prior to getting married, I also built a really good relationship with my mother in law. We would always go out to restaurants or shopping every other weekend as something in me was telling me she was lonely. Her husband would work from morning till 10pm and her 2 sons had full time jobs. Although I knew she seemed quite judgemental and was quite out spoken I never thought in my wildest dreams one day our relationship would just turn so bitter.

So, I live with my in laws, as coming from an Indian background, it was traditon for the bride to live with the husbands family. It is for those reasons I built a relationship prior to getting married with my mil. So, during this marriage my mother in law was very sweet to me in my early days of marriage..( of course she will be). However, as time went by I used to her irritated by her ways as she would be extremely controlling with me in the kitchen. She would complain about where things should be kept and where cutlery should be kept, how they should be wiped I almost felt like a priosoner in my own home. I wasn't able to live my life freely and do what I want how I want without being controlled. Months went by, and I would just have no choice but to deal with her pathetic ways.

Then one day, I came back from work, put my bags down refreshened up and started helping her in the kitchen. As I was cutting salad she told me that my husbands ex had come to the house just before our marriage. I froze, and turned around and said 'what' she said yes she came to the house, and was crying her eyes out saying she regret leaving her bf.. who is now my husband. So I questioned her and said where was rohan. She said he wasn't home as it was just her and the ex. So the night had passed and I had gone to work that morning, and I just couldn't be at peace, therefore I rang her and told her I'm telling Rohan, she said no please don't it'll ruin our relationship and I said I'm sorry but it's something I have to do. So I rang Rohan and questioned him, he said ok, it's true she came to the house, but when she came I was there, I was thinking wtffffff.. u were there.. he said yes I said but why he then said cause she wanted to see Marley our dog who she happened to buy for him for the last time as she knew we were getting married. I went ballistic, then I said is it true she was crying and said she regret leaving u .. he chuckled and said no.. I said well why is your mum lying.. lying about u not ring there and lying about her crying...

So he confronted her and well you can add two and two up on how she reacted. He wasn't speaking to her and as we were both about to sleep as we we heard was her screaming and saying she's having a panic attack, so we both ran to her room.. she tell screamed and shouted at me saying get out of my room. So I thought fine I will leave. Since then she became funny just because I told my husband about her pathetic over exaggerated story.

I went to stay at my dads whilst there was world war 3 happening here, so I came back home that following morning. She came to me and started apologising.. I accepted her apology and thought let me just put it behind me.

Weeks went past, and she started becoming ill, she developed a multi neuron disease. During this time I was trying my best to do what I can in the kitchen to help her out etc.. one day I came down the stairs and said 'hello mum, good morning' she then said , I don't start the day by saying hello I start it by saying good morning. I asked her if she was ok, she then abruptly said no she's just fed up with her situation. I then said ok but please don't take it out on me. My husband was upstairs as overheard this.

So that night my husband and her hand a banging argument and he confronted her and said she was wrong.

She's blocked me from WhatsApp .. I know pathetic and has now taken our marriage picture down from the living room. Me and my husband go on holiday and during this time I've not kept in contact with her simply because She's blocked me from WhatsApp.

We came back from holiday, and the day we landed, I went in her room and tried to say hello she knew I was there and she got up and just showed me her hand. I was so hurt and thought what have I done wrong. I told my husband about that and well we both remained quiet as she was unwell. We let that go

So, we later find out I'm pregnant. :D... (I'm 4 months now btw) and during my first trimester I was roughly 6 weeks. I was in the kitchen and she happened to come downstairs... I just said good morning, she then said she's very hurt about how we've spoken to her and she's hurt she also said she wants me and my husband to move out. This isn't the first time she's said this btw.. I listened and said we should all move on from this situation.. then I thought wait a min why should I remain mute.. let me also tell her how i feel. I asked her why she didn't say hello to me the day we landed, she replied by husband will answer .. she went upstairs and I sat in the front room , during this time I told gaurav everything via WhatsApp.. and well he messaged his mum and told her to leave me alone as I'm pregnant. She then came storming downstairs and told me to get out of my house, I said sorry, she said get out of my house. She goes ever since you came into my house you've ruined everything. I got up and said okay, I will leave. She then grabbed me by my chest and took 2 steps back and said wooooohhh do not touch me!! I am pregnant !!... I went straight in my room as she came storming after me and I locked my door.

My husband found out about this and well he went crazy on her and really told her off for doing such things

I hadn't of spoken to her for weeks. And I just hated the fact that we were living in the same house and well there was no communication. So I was the bigger person and took her illness and my pregnancy into consideration and hugged her and forgave her, despite of her not apologising. Few weeks has passed and well our relationship grew again. We were all happy after a really long time.

Then suddenlyyyy this Saturday just went, I invited my sister and bro in law over, I told her they were coming and said oh ok. They were sitting in the front room and she knew they were there however stormed right past them. I found that extremely weird. I got up and went to the kitchen and said, my sister and bro in law are her. She then turned around and said oh yes I know I'm coming. I thought how weird anyways whatever

Then it was 12am, I had gone upstairs to change my clothes, and as I walking upstairs I overheard her saying to her husband.. I cannot live in the same house as her and Rohan. I felt so hurt and betrayed that she said this. I told my husband and started crying .. he said he doesn't want me talking to his mum as she's in the wrong.

So it's Monday now, and well it was bottling inside me in why she said what she said and what a 2faced thing to say. So I questioned her this morning, she didn't even allow me to finish my conversation and she interrupted me as soon as I said I overheard.soon as I said overheard she said, I don't want to talk about it!!! Bla bla bla.. she started dialling her husbands number to make him hear our conversations.. she started shouting at me. Then I told her straight, the way I treat me is utterly disgusting, despite of your ways I still forgave u.. she was just yelling and shouting at me.. i then said I've lost respect for you and just walked out..

Now, it's the evening and well she's kicking off downstairs whilst me and my husband r upstairs.

What do we do.... move out?

Hi Peace, in your situation I would move out. You don't need this extra stress while you are pregnant and do you really want to have a baby in such a volatile situation when they are born? If you and your husband can find your own place and get settled you may also find it much easier to make amends with his parents as you will both have your own space and time.

Yup pack a bag and leave. Find somewhere anywhere to go. You don't need the stress and drama. You should have to walk on egg shells in your own home. It sounds like she isn't dealing with her baby boy finding a wife and having a baby.
She should be happy to be having a new grandchild it's a special occasion and she won't get it back.
I think once you move out and have some distance you can eventually have a relationship with her. It's much different living with someone than seeing them for now hour or two xx

Definitely move out, you've tried all living together and it clearly doesn't work. You've got time now to find a new home before the baby comes and get settled with your husband. You should have a home you feel comfortable in so you can enjoy your new baby x

Hi guys... thank you so much for replying. Yes we've decided to move out however it's something that cannot be done overnight. We have to wait for a year as we need to save money.. and well my husband doesn't want to rent. So it's a sacrifice I'm willig to make till we both are financially secure. However, I told my husband whilst I'm in this house I would rather her not talk to me at all.

She makes me feel so uncomfortable and I feel so uncomfortable to even come out of my own room. I'm glad I work cause if I didn't I would have turned mental. I've really tried with her but she's just not emotionally intelligent and doesn't know how to maintain relations, not just with me but with others. She's a horrible person.

I don't think id ever be able to forgive her and neither will my husband.

Trying hardest to remain cool but each time I c her my blood boils. 8 shall remain silent and calm for my husband and baby ..

Move out! She's too set in her ways. Unless she'd agree to mediation but really doesn't sound like the sort of person who would unfortunately.

So she spoke to me, I knew she would crack eventually. it started off with a hug at that point I couldn't push her off. She then started saying this is your house first you belong in this house we will die in the same house I just let her speak, she kept but repeating herself again and again. She then said you and my son are still immature .. infact she said this 3 times. I questioned her and said what do I do to be immature. She couldn't explain herself and said let's just forget about this whole talk. I said no let's talk about this because it's best we get out in the air. I said I'm not an angry person for no reason and that day I asked why you said what u said. She then said it's rude to listen to people's conversations... not even bothering to apologise. I said our rooms are next door to each other. I happened to be walking by and I heard you say this hence I reacted. She then said oh ok you heard. I said yes.. then I said I was hurt after hearing this. She seemed rather ashamed and said let's not talk about this. But she's not understanding we have to talk about this because if you aren't willing to apologise the negative energy within me still remains.

Anyways, after all this I've fully understood she's too stuck in her ways and there's nothing I can do to make her understand my feelings. It's always about her, her opninions and her words. The rest is meaningless.

She also said she dreamt of my mum but how is this possible if she's never met my mum. My mum passed away 9 years ago.

You can dream of anything but it she not real. She could think of your mum but they are her inner thoughts no one else's. Anyway I'd move out and rent but that's me I couldn't cope with the situation. I can understand why you can't though. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back