Most Popular Names of 2016

I definitely don't want a really popular name but it's hard to get the balance between a bit different and what the fuck? X

Me either, the name I've chose is a multi gender name (apparently!) But isn't popular in the boy section...yet!xx

Its interesting looking at things like this.
Id feel physically sick if my babys unusual name became popular.
You spend all this time picking out the perfect name.... i had a friend whos just had her baby who picked a ridiculously similar name to my daughters. I raised an eyebrow because i remembered how much she adored my babys name when i told her...and i mean it is very very close. But still, its not the same so i got over it. Hahaha!

Last edited:
Both my boys names r there lol.

No6 and No15.

Noahs wasn't popular at the time I picked it it 2012. Then Mr blinking Michael Buble went and had a blinking Noah in 2013 at the same time lol!

Charlie has always been popular, but we love it! :) x

Last edited:
I'm glad to see not a single name on my list is on there. However I do like some of them...

glad none of my favorite names are on there! wouldnt want my little one having the same name as lots of their friends!

It's American too, so the UK ones would probably be slightly different.

I have two friends with girls, eldest girl is 6, other friend's girl is 2.5 and they both called their babies Sophie!
Also the one with the 6yr old has a 2yr old boy as well who she called Jacob, and when the friend with the younger Sophie was pregnant I asked her if she had names picked out and she said 'either Sophie or Jacob' lol. She didn't know at that point that my other friend had chosen those names for her kids too.

I'm going completely 'out there' with my name choices :rolleyes::) I don't want to announce it til it's born though lol.

It's American - their top names are always very different to ours

My friends just alled her little boy Jude. Which i see is no7! Must be very popular in America then

There are several names that I've never heard one English person called!!

When I saw an Australian list a while back that was quite different too, although not to this extent.

I. Don't like any of these girls names lol

My sons name is 3rd but I spell it differently, therefore it's not his name :lol: It's Jayden and I spell it like Jaiden.

Hated all the girls names and practically all the boys names too. None of my names I've picked for bump are on there thankfully

We have a list of a few names but are leaning towards Elsie at the minute, one reason being that it's not too popular- it's the only name we've chosen that's on that list haha! Ah well, it's American so not much use for popularity of names over here just yet. Xx

I think the girls name we have chosen isn't as popular over here as it is in America, I don't Know anyone with the name. My friend said how popular it was and that she wouldn't call her baby a popular name and then chose Eva for her girl and I swear everyone I know has called there little girl Eva. But it is a pretty name. I don't think it really matters as long as you like the name to be honest. I love several of the boys names on that list but I wouldn't have referred to the list or any list to check what names were or were not on it to base my name choice on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back