Most Haunted

Sephs

Reaction score
What do you think? A load of crap or do you watch it in awe with your mouth wide open?

I'm watching the Pendle Hill one now and I'm scared to go to bed. I shouldn't watch this when everyone else has gone to bed! :( :( :rotfl:

I am not sure what to think about it to be truthful! I do watch it because I enjoy it :oops: but some things are just crap and people messing about. Like on one live Stuart was told to go out the room and he must of forgotten about the live webcam because as he walked past the table that had a spoon on he hit it so that it fell on the floor and then when everyone was asking if that was one of them he did not say a word :talkhand: :shakehead:

Another time (again forgetting the live webcam) was Karl (or someone) asked for a knock and you could see a member of crew kicking a cabinate to make the 'bang' :shakehead:

The one that makes me think that it is real was in an WW2/aircraft museum and you could hear footsteps going up some stairs and in the background you could see like small lights walking in time to the noise going up the stairs :shock:

The Pendle hill live was the best! we really enjoyed that one! but they seem to be wanting all the lives like that now and they always seem to be able to bring the Pendle witches into all the live shows that they do :roll: :doh:

Yvette really got into it, she was like 'COME ON BITCH, MOVE THE TABLE, YOU DON'T SCARE ME YOU COW!' :rotfl:

You wouldn't get me in there if you paid me large sums of money. Seriously I'm scared of everything! :lol:

We are working our way through the collections (We have the series thats how sad we are!)
Series one was jsut dereck ramblin a load crap and tbh not much happened, but when it did, it made you think WTF!!! As the shows have progressed, its become more debatable!

My fav one was series 8 or 9 were they went to an old warehouse/office place, and david went to stand next to the wall saying a man was stood there, when Ciarian suddenly picked up on heat cam, a man peering out from behind david, right were david said someone was stood!! That was just plain weird, another one (think it same series) the heat camera showed a pair of foot prints on the floor, yet no one was stood there!

What I find amsusing/annoying is the locked off camera never seems to be were sometihg happens!

My Own thoughts on it, Ghosts/spirts get used to people there everyday and so are proberly happy to come out and go about there buisness, but If I was a sprirt and the most haunted crew came out I think I would go into hiding to!! Maybe pop out to scare yevette for the sheer fun of it but other then that, no thanks!!!!

I used to think it was crap, but I enjoy it now. Derek gets on my nerves a bit sometimes, I prefer the ones where they do a seance and ouija board stuff - I find that really interesting!

A lot of it is faked, theres loads of stuff on the net showing them faking it. Stuart & karl mostly but Yvette too. They were investigated by OFCOM a while back and they found that things were staged to make it seem more exciting.

I'm into the paranormal and go on a few forums and people on there say that on a 'real' investigation your more than likely not to get much paranormal stuff happening so shows like these have to stage things or it would be really boring otherwise Lol.

I don't believe in ghosts so I think its a load of old tosh!
If you sit silently in the dark in any building you will here loads of creeks and bumps.

I'm really getting into it. That Derek guy was a fake but the new psychic they have is great.

I loved the one on the ship, where they found the wet footprints coming from an empty pool!

It probably is staged, but I like to be scared! :lol: :lol:

skairdykat said:
A lot of it is faked, theres loads of stuff on the net showing them faking it. Stuart & karl mostly but Yvette too. They were investigated by OFCOM a while back and they found that things were staged to make it seem more exciting.

I'm into the paranormal and go on a few forums and people on there say that on a 'real' investigation your more than likely not to get much paranormal stuff happening so shows like these have to stage things or it would be really boring otherwise Lol.

have you a link to anything on the net showing it being faked??

Rock-Angel said:
skairdykat said:

have you a link to anything on the net showing it being faked??

Not on the show but this is the entry about Derek Acorah on Wiki:

Controversy
Acorah's credibility has been questioned following his work on Most Haunted. On numerous investigations for the programme, Acorah would appear to become possessed by spirits or an evil entity or would appear lost and confused. On one such occasion, Acorah claimed to be possessed by the spirit of a man called Kreed Kafer. In a later interview the programme's parapsychologist, Ciaran O' Keeffe claimed that the character was completely fictional. O' Keeffe claims that he fabricated the "Kreed Kafer" character (an anagram of "Derek faker"), and misfed the information to Acorah who subsequently presented it as fact[2]. In a separate interview, the show's presenter and executive producer, Yvette Fielding said that she believes it was a "fake possession".

Misslarue said:

Controversy
Acorah's credibility has been questioned following his work on Most Haunted. On numerous investigations for the programme, Acorah would appear to become possessed by spirits or an evil entity or would appear lost and confused. On one such occasion, Acorah claimed to be possessed by the spirit of a man called Kreed Kafer. In a later interview the programme's parapsychologist, Ciaran O' Keeffe claimed that the character was completely fictional. O' Keeffe claims that he fabricated the "Kreed Kafer" character (an anagram of "Derek faker"), and misfed the information to Acorah who subsequently presented it as fact[2]. In a separate interview, the show's presenter and executive producer, Yvette Fielding said that she believes it was a "fake possession".

I found the rest of that article! Cant wait to show hubby whos a massive mh fan but hates derceck!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... _page.html

I thought they sacked Derek after the Kreed Kafer fiasco?

Sammystar said:
I thought they sacked Derek after the Kreed Kafer fiasco?

hes in it up to series 6 or 7 I think then david wells was brought in!!

Rock-Angel said:
Misslarue said:

Controversy

I found the rest of that article! Cant wait to show hubby whos a massive mh fan but hates derceck!

Good article. That was interesting esp the bit about the show being made by Yvettes husbands production company.

Misslarue said:
Rock-Angel said:
Misslarue said:

Controversy

Good article. That was interesting esp the bit about the show being made by Yvettes husbands production company.

The article is really old though.

They actually met on the show, then later set up their own production company.......I think :think:

Don't ask me how I know this, I have no clue! :lol:

No matter how old it is just shows they planned it to be fake from the beginning knowing it would bring in money!

Have you ever watched there channel? the paronormal (sp) channel on sky? Its a free channel!!
Karl and stuart do there own show were they go around pubs and try to find and irritate ghosts! its so unbelievable its laughable!

I must admit a couple things n the show have made me think WTF!!!!

What do people make of orbs and things? And the moving lights etc??

I always think the orbs are just light trickery etc.

I reckon they do fake stuff, especially on the live shows when nothing is happening and they need to spark things up.

I think it's really interesting what the human mind can do though. Have you seen the episode when they all get into coffins and scare the crap out of each other! It was excellent!

:lol:

There's another one where they do a seance in front of a huge audience, that's also interesting. I think when a load of people get together they kind of feed off each others fear iykwim? I find it fascinating!

I did a few seances when I was younger and I have to say I was amazed when the glass actually started to move :shock:

OO has anyone ever watched the australian version! OMG its hilarious!

Once shows over and they do the talk at the end, its like, oo if manliapte this photo here, zoom in there, oo flip that over and add to dots we have a ghost..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
its 3 people, one sits in a van, the 2 others wear head cams that face there faces, adn they go into buildings in search of ghosts, what they claim to see we dont see untill theyt show photos after which as said are normally by that time edited!!

Get ready to dive behind the sofa as three brave ghost hunters visit some of the most hair-raisingly haunted sites in New Zealand, from hotels & theatres to the seaside!

Do you believe in ghosts? Three brave New Zealanders are about to find out if they are cynics or believers in the new series, Ghost Hunt. Hosts Michael Hallows, Brad Hills and Carolyn Taylor will put their fears aside while exploring New Zealand's haunted sites.

The Ghost Hunt team use a combination of technological gadgets and old fashioned bravado in their pursuit of paranormal activity.

Its a frightening tour and no-one knows this better than host Carolyn Taylor. Since filming Ghost Hunt, Taylor has started sleeping with her light on. "I didnt want to go into each and every location," Taylor laughs. "I was so scared every shoot, it's a feeling you just can't get used to!"

Taylor had many eerie experiences during filming. "I am prone to seeing strange coloured lights that no-one else can see," she says. "In a few episodes, the video footage showed lights flashing across my face, but I know for a fact I was in a pitch black room. It goes to show Im not making things up!"

Taylor has one message for cynics: "Everyone is allowed their opinion, but whether or not you believe, you certainly can't say that the unknown doesn't exist!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back