Moses basket or crib?

ChloeSmith

Reaction score
So I've seen a great offer with the Tesco exchange for a moses basket with stand, think I'm gunna get it.

Do you think this will be enough for baby sleeping in our room, or should I get a crib too?

We are going to have a cot in the nursery too - but baby will be in our room for the first 3-6 months. I thought moses basket as opposed to crib because it's more portable.

What's everyone else doing? xxx

I think we'll go Moses basket then straight into cot as can't justify spending on both bed types when it will seem such a short time in them. Xxx

We are having a Moses basket and then just going straight to cot. I don't think having a crib as well as a moses basket is necessary :) xx

Well my two went straight into a cot. I never had a Moses basket and aren't intending to this time either. Just a cot and a baby monitor. xxx

I was getting Moses basket until i read some reviews and apparently Moses baskets aren't very 'sturdy', so I'm going with crib! Xxx

I never wanted a moses badket. Didnt think baby would be init for long but wanted him in r room till bought 6months.
So we got a crib.. And was guna use his bouncer chair for the daytime dwnstairs.

Then i woke up one morning lastweek n wanted a moses basket aswell lol.. For dwnstairs.

So i have both! X

We just have a Moses as easier to move up and down stairs. Plus doubt I would get a crib in our bedroom as its too small.

I've got a Moses basket then baby will be going into cot after that x

We had a crib for our first, which was upstairs in our room until she was 6 months old. At the same time, I used the carry cot of the pram a lot of the time in the living room for her to sleep in during the day. If we'd had the size of bedroom we do now, I'd probably just get a cot. We really wanted her in with us until she was 6 months old.

I'm just getting a moses basket and then a cotbed when needed x

We are going to have both, Moses basket for downstairs and crib for in out room, only because we are being given them both though! X

I hate moses baskets with there silly floppy wicker handles.

We have used one each time , may not use it this time ill just use carrycot part of pram downstairs i think and my bed with me cosleeping at night or cotbed in our room if im not up there.

Most of my babies didnt like the moses anyway so nothing lost by using cot.

I have got a Moses basket and then a cot for afterwards! Xxx

Thanks ladies! I've ordered the
Moses basket and stand :) :)

Mum's buying us a cot bed too, so if all fails we can always use that, though it won't fit in our room.

Ohhhh can't wait for Moses basket to arrive now so I can picture him/her in it! Xx

Rocking stands are brilliant, I love Moses baskets. My first was tiny so was in it for ages :)

I was just having a moses basket then moving to the cot bed. I was given the moses basket from a friend. Then we saw a brilliant bargain on gumtree for a brand new Mamas and Papad crib so got it. Think we will use the moses basket down the stairs. Dont imagine you need both though we just couldn't resist the bargain!!

I was going to get Moses basket but bought a gorgeous white crib it doesn't rock but I didn't want a rocking one it's from mothercare Hyde crib and I love it, I didn't go for a Moses in case I knocked it over with it been on carpet I didn't think was sturdy but that's just me :). X

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back