Morning Sickness

Manabanana1

Reaction score
I am experiencing really bad morning sickness. Having difficulty keeping anything down, including water!
Does anyone have any advice of remedies that might work to ease this?

Ice lolly’s for me. Lemon or lemon and lime. Hope you feel better soon x

Cold bland food. I pretty much lived on toast for months this time around.
Just try and eat what you can, when you can.
If you are really struggling see your doctor, they can prescribe you antiemetics.

Hi,
I suffer from horrible sickness and nothing worked to remedy it. I am on antiemetics and this time round they currently aren't working.

Lots of rest, ice lollies, food that tastes ok when you are sick (haribo).

But if your struggling, see your doctor, as previous poster suggested. Anti-emetics are a life saver once you find the right ones/combination.

Hear to talk to you if you need :)

Ginger biscuits x

Ginger!!! Errr I could punch the next person who asks me "have you tried ginger?" haha. Glad it worked for you though.

@Manabanana1 Everyone is different, you'll need to find what foods work for you. Last pregnancy all I could stomach was toast and macaroni and cheese in tri 1, but they didn't help the nausea at all. Popcorn helped a little. Everything else made me sick. Peppermint tea was one of the few drinks that helped. This pregnancy all I can stomach is plain rice crackers and hot chips. Drinks are a major issue for me this time. Every liquid makes me vomit except frozen coke which I know is bad but dehydration is worse.. I normally hate soft drinks and slushies lol. Sucking on ice is another way to get hydrated without having to drink water. Popular foods that help are plain carbs like toast, crackers, popcorn etc. Eating little amounts often can help.

If you can't find foods that help, you need to try some medication. First line medication is Vitamin B6 (less than 100mg/day). This lessens the nausea but not vomiting. You can then add in an antihistamine (doxylamine or phergan are the best ones for vomiting and nausea). If that combo doesn't help, go to the GP and they will prescribe you stronger medication like Zofran.

Nothing will cure morning sickness, but hopefully those suggestions will lessen it. I am currently vomiting an awful lot and have relentless all day nausea so I know how it feels xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back