Morning Sickness

Stacyt

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I have been suffering from severe sickness for about 6 weeks now and because of it I am not eating properly. I am living on fruit and chips as that is the only thing I can stomach. Does anyone have any ideas of a nice wholesome meal that I can make for myself that won't make me feel sick and will be good for the growing baby?

sx

Hi there, don't know if you saw my thread on the same topic. I have been being so sick with everything I ate (although fruit wasnt too bad now that I think about it).

I just started wearing sea bands last night and the difference is amazing. I havent been sick once yet (fingers crossed). You should try them and see if they make any difference.

The one thing that I found I could eat that didnt turn my stomach too much was mince and potatoes or stew and potatoes. That with plenty of veg is a healthy enough meal I think.

Jacq x

dont worry about what you are eating at the moment, the baby takes nutrients from whatever you eat,
i was the same as you with my first and double as bad with this one, i live on ginger biscuits, and omlettes!!!

oh and grapes :D

eat little and often and dont worry

:D :D :D :D

Thanks girls. I am eating tons of fruit and drinking lots of water so hopefully everything will be fine. I actually feel OK today and have been able to eat anything I want so fingers crossed that the sickness stays away.
Take care sx

My sickness is starting to ease off unless i actually get facd with food!! It's wierd. Still not managing tokeep alot down or eat a lot in the first place andhave lost evenmore weight - but trying to eat!

in the mornings i really cannot face breakfast as i feel like i'm gonna be sick, but then if i don't eat it gets worse, so here's a solution i came up with - i make a smoothie out of:

1 banana (good for fibre, carbs and potassium)
1 pot of bio yoghurt (with loads of "friendly bacteria") any flavour you like
some skimmed milk (calcium is always good!)
1-2 tbs porridge oats to add more fibre and slow release carbs and make it more of a meal (once blended you can't taste this)

blend for 30-60 seconds

it's really filling and full of nutrients and great because you drink it so you don't feel like you're actually eating!

what a bloody good idea - although am sort of on and off with the banana's - so it may slightly vary day to day. Thanks for the tip though hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back