Morning sickness has got me down

Willow16

Reaction score
Sorry just wanting a moan. I have felt nausea almost all day for last 3 weeks and sick a couple times a day. There is hardly anything I can stomach eating and have to force myself to drink. I am so tired and it's all just getting me down. I feel like a bad mother to my 2 year old, a bad wife to my husband who is trying to do everything he can to help.

Hiya. I just wanted to say that I totally understand how you feel. My sickness kicked in really badly at 7 weeks, to the point that most days I couldn't function at all, I just felt so poorly. I have a 3 year old and I felt like the worst mum ever as I could only do the basics for him and struggled to even play with him. At weekends when my husband was off we couldn't go anywhere as a family as I felt so ill and some days I was in bed the majority of the day. I got really down and the thought each morning of waking up feeling the same and having to struggle through another day really got to me. Especially when I just wanted to be excited and happy about being pregnant. I ended up having to go to the doctors for tablets and they took the edge of it. I'm now 12 weeks and even though I still feel sickly each day I am able to function and its definitely easing off. Sorry I've waffled there and nothing I say can make it any better but I just wanted you to know you're not on your own even though it does feel very lonely when you're suffering with it. Just sending a big hug to you and letting you know it will get better. You can do it and your 2 year old and your husband just love you and want to help and you can make up for the things you've missed out on as soon as you are better xxxx

Thank you I really appreciate your response. I havnt told anyone except my husband and parents and trying to carry on as normal is just so hard. I totally get what you are saying about just wanting to enjoy your pregnancy but being so sick that you can't. I have my booking appointment on Tues so planning on telling midwife exactly how I am feeling. Thanks again xx

Aww bless you it is awful :( don't suffer in silence though as you can be prescribed meds. I hope it doesn't last long for you

Get some cyclizine, life saver for me. I've had hyperemesis twice this time I was at doctors at 6 weeks I was still sick but after 10 weeks it was gone

I have been listening to binaural beats for nausea on youtube, there is also hypnosis, yoga and meditation which I have found all of them helpful. the yoga for nausea works amazingly well, plus you can do them whenever it's more a couple of stretches to help the symptoms go away and not much of a work out thankfully!
I was prescribed medication it worked for 2 days so I am going to go back tomorrow as they said there are a few different options to try,
I found keeping myself busy works, even just reading a book on the sofa while the lo plays can be helpful.
4th pregnancy and I wasn't given any pills in previous pregnancies so I am very happy to have been given some.

I agree with MrsMcc, go see your GP and discuss medication. There are several options. I had cyclizine for a while, but didn't work to well, so no I'm on uhm, prochloramid something now.
Especially important to talk to the doctor if you have trouble keeping food and drink down. If it gets really bad they might want to admit you to the hospital for a while to make sure you keep hydrated.
Good luck! I hope it gets better for you soon.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back