Morning, afternoon, evening (any time of the day) sickness

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by rinky, Mar 11, 2005.

1. rinky

rinky New Member

I am approx. 9-10 weeks pregnant and feeling very sick on a continuous basis. I have spoken to both the doctors and mid-wifes who state this is completely normal and to eat on a regular basis - but everything I eat I bring back up. I am starting to get seriously bored with it and it is really bringing me down - throat, head and body aches. Friends have suggested numerous things but I seek further advice from you guys as I do not believe this to be normal. Help!

2. Zor-El

Zor-El Well-Known Member

i have been told that ginger is supposed to help stop it???

3. rinky

rinky New Member

Thanks Zor-El - I will try it.

4. lynnhc

lynnhc Member

I found dry crackers helped; also ginger herbal tea (chilled if you prefer). I also used those sea sickness bands during pregnancy 4 and they worked a treat!

Lynn

5. ukwahine

ukwahine Active Member

Leave the top off a bottle of ginger ale, to let it go flat..its wonderful for morning sickness..just sip it as you need it...also, mashed potato sandwiches are a good filler, and absorb the acid, while giving you some vitamin C, milk/milkshakes also good if you can stand dairy. Really good to soothe that acid burn, too! Bananas are good..even if its just half at a time. Dry water crackers, too...but these can be hard to swallow! I am going with warm weetabix every morning, and it seems to help me..lol.
    Love and light
    ukwahine