Moon Cup

AugustMum

Reaction score
Aaaaggeesss ago there was a thread about the Moon Cup and I know alot of people were interested in getting one.

Just wanted to say that I did get one and can highly recommend them. I can't remember the last time I had to buy sanitary towels or anything. You can't tell it's there once it's in (although I do occastionally get a fright when it hasn't completly gone into place and it pops open once it's in!). I swear its actually made my perios shorter and its taken away most of my cramps now as well (apparently this is quite common).

I would suggest if you get one to just wear a liner the first few times you use it while you figure out which position is best because you can get a few leaks at first while you get used to it. Also, you have to cut the end off to fit your shape but I just cut it completly off and just kinda of bore down when I wanted to take it out as this is faaaar more comfortable.

It's not messy once you're used to it and I highly recommend it :)

i was thinking about these thanks hun i might just give them a go xxx

They definitely reduce period days and cramps, because they have a suction motion and unlike tampons and sanitary towels (which i swear were designed by men after using a mooncup) they help your body remove mucus and goo rather than just dealing with the liquid 'blood' type stuff

think about those sanitary adverts where they tip blue water onto sanitary pads! Well actually, my body produces membranes, blood and mucus so why does the leading product only deal with wateryness! Its absurd!

they are amazing and brilliant for the environment

massive thumbs up from me :)

Brilliant for figuring out how heavy your flow actually is. I didn't realise how light mine actually were until I used it. I only really get one day of a period now.

Amazing stuff :thumbup:

i have a very very heavy flow it would be amazing if it cut it down for me xxx

I actually think it would be most beneficial for someone with a heavy flow. As BB said, the suction it provides helps everything along. Id say on your heaviest day you'd probably empty it once in the morning, once before bed and then maybe once or twice during the day. On my heaviest day I only have to empty it once midday then in the morning and evening.

Theres also no study thats shown any risk with toxic shock as well which I was happy about. This is because it doesn't soak up and keep the old blood there, it just catches it or something along those lines. Can't think of the best way to phrase it lol.

it actually sucks a bit of the mucus out with it, which is why it reduces flow because your body has to do less work. Its like ventenlous for your period lol :)

i have no idea what you are on about???

whats a moon cup? xx

Its a silicone premenstral cup. You use it instead of tampons or sanitary pads. You just pop it in and however many times you need to (usually not many) you take it out and empty it, give it a rinse and pop it back in when your on your period! Magic.

Lasts for 10 years and its uber easy. I dont work for them I swear lol, I just think people dont know about them enough when theyre actually fantastic :)

Boots sell them. My friend has one and i was going to get one but haven't yet as haven't had a period for ages.

Most pharmacies sell them but I just got mine offline. Just be careful to get the right size :)

How do you know what size? Or am I being thick?!

Last edited:
Theres size A and size B. One is for women we have birthed vaginally and one if for women who haven't had children or had a csection. It should say on the box or on the website which is which. Its only a slight difference but apparently its very noticable!

Ah ok, that makes sense! Guess I need big fanny size then :roll:

:rofl:

Got to say, I did feel a bit smug ordering the small size. :smug:

just a random everytime i hear moon cup i sing the moon sand song in my head :rofl:

I always say 'mooncup (A)' and 'moonbucket (B)'

I am going to have to order the B size next time but my fanny feels the same!

mind you, between babies that were and babies that werent, breastfeeding and what not, i have only had 2 periods in the last 2.5 years and i am not intending to have many more for the next 2.5 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back