Mood changes, all it takes is one comment

LyndseyB

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had a mmc just over 8 weeks ago, we weren't ttc for very long at all but I have wanted to and felt ready to become a mum for a good few years.

My emotions are still like a rollercoaster but the bad days seem to be further apart which is obviously good. What I have found is that most of the time my mood changes just because of something someone has said, I can be cheery and happy and having a good day and then I hear or see someone joke about me/someone else being pregnant or similar comments and its like my mood plummets rapidly and then I cant pick myself back up for the rest of the day.

The comments are always very innocent and mostly from people who have no idea what I've been going through but it doesn't stop them from hurting.

Has anyone else found that this is what affects their mood and do these little comments start to get easier?

The one that happened today is that my sisters boyfriend was joking about my sister possibly becoming a granny soon (my sister is only 2 years older than me but my nephew is 13..it could happen!).
The other day my mum came out with 'this top makes me look pregnant'.
And then I was practically 'blamed' for being pregnant twice at my works xmas lunch because I wasn't drinking... I should not feel that I need to drink just so that no-one asks me if I'm pregnant!!

Urgh, thanks for reading that, these sorts of things just seem to be happening every single day! x

Great, now my younger sister has written joking about her having a baby as long as they babysit at weekends, she doesn't even have a boyfriend! They know I am tagged in this, why oh why do they think this is OK chat? (sorry, context: these comment stemmed from a timehop post on facebook of a picture of me and my sisters 7 years ago)

I am sitting here shaking and contemplating just hiding in bed when I get home, they obviously have no idea that this is the effect their stupid comments could have on someone :(

Last edited:
I'm sorry. It is crap isn't it how it can suddenly sneak up on you when you least expect it (and are least prepared usually). I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I've not found it to get better, if anything I feel worse the longer it goes on. We have been ttc for over three years now, with two mcs. It still hurts. I imagine the pain will be lessened if we get a take home baby, and although I fully expect to still feel sad for our losses I think the rawness of it all will fade and I'll be able to take it better.

I don't really get the drinking comments much anymore as I went off alcohol a couple of years ago. At first I had loads of comments and I think everyone was expecting an announcement, obviously that has never happened and people now don't mention it.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. *Virtual hug*

I hope that you are feeling better today, and know that in time the pain will be less but the love you have in your heart will remain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back