Months/weeks confusion??

Colleen1988

Reaction score
In terms of babies age do you class 1 month by same date each month or 1 month as 4 weeks??

For example my LO was born on 13th August so he was 22 week old yesterday! Is he 6 month when he's 24 week old or on 13th feb?

Ive seen conflicting opinions xxx

I count from the same date each month, so I'd say he's 6 months on 13th Feb x

Last edited:
Months go by the same date each month, for example Malachy is X months on the 21st of the month but is X weeks every Friday. Your red book growth chart also shows the same.

I go with the same date every month. I saw on another thread you got married, congratulations! So pleased for you x

I was told you count weeks till 16 weeks and then you move onto months as some months have more than 4 weeks in them. So Emilie is 23 weeks and also 5 months.

Last edited:
Ahh maybe that's where ive confused lol... And thanks hun, married woman now, it's the best feeling! xxz

I counted weeks until 16 week jabs then counted in months by day of the month. My daughter was born on the 27th, so i'll consider her 9 months on 27th January.

I would class 26 weeks as 6 months (if he was born on the 13th then 6 months on the 13th) due to most months having a few extra days in them, so by the time they are 6 months old it's added on 2 weeks - 24weeks I'd still class as 5.5moths if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back