Monthly cycles...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Gem, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Gem

Gem Well-Known Member

Hi everyone...

Just a quick question, after you had your babies how long did it take before you had your first period?

I'm not really breastfeeding, I've been trying with Harry but we haven't been having much joy, as he wont latch on and I am running a bit dry so we're sticking with formula.

I had Harry two weeks ago, and I'm still bleeding. Does anyone know when that stops and you have your first proper period? I'm just wondering when my body will be back to normal!

2. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

I think my bleeding totally finished by 5 weeks postpartum. AF arrived at 10 weeks postpartum.

3. Tineke

Tineke Well-Known Member

Mine just stopped over the weekend really, although still wearing a liner just in case.

I had quite a red fresh show (4 days ago), me thinking it was a period, I asked my doctor and he said there is not way I would have it at this point, that it could be weeks and weeks away. Turned out that I do not have a period as yet, as it was only during one visit to the bathroom.

TMI SORRY!!!!!!

4. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

i read in one of my books u may not have a period for up to 6 months after

5. Ragna

Ragna Well-Known Member

Hiya

I bled for about 5 weeks although the last few weeks were just more of a discharge really (ewww TMI) Im 100% breastfeeding but when Aidan was just over 6 weeks I started a period so guess next month will be the same. :0(

Ragna xx

6. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I bled on and off for 4 weeks then had my period at 6 weeks. I had slight tummy cramps on the first day and an awfull headache on the last day. Thats how I knew it was a period and not just bleeding starting up again.

My period was really heavy and I was too nervous to use tampons so I had to wear 3 nightime sanitary towels at a time. I could hardly walk lol

Lou