Monthly Competeition

Right got this idea from another forum, think it wud be fun, what do you all think.

each month we hold the cutest baby competition.. for example its valentines day next month so each of us submited a pic of our babies in a valenintes themed pic, then end of month i will make a poll of every username that has submitted a pic and we all can vote best pic and the winner can choose theme for the next month.

it wud be a post just for 1 pic each and no comments etc as it might get too long..

if you are interested i wud start it and set up pole at end of month.

i think its a brill idea (even if i got the idea from a dog forum lmao)

what about the person whos baby got the lowest vote tho? surely everyone including the mum would see that and it may hurt someones feelings

sorry i suggested it then, thought it might be fun and we cud all be a bit creative. i wudnt be hurt personally as i know my baby is gorgeous, and likewise i think every mum wud think the same about their own babies.

i mean im sure minikins baby wud win most months as he has the most funniest expressions, but i wudnt be offended if he did win every month.

oh no im not saying its not a good idea, just that i would feel sorry for the baby who came in last each month, i think all the babies on here are as lovely as each oher in different ways.

but i recon there is going to be loads of submitted pics and there is bound the be 1 or 2 very funny ones that most people will vote on, so i think there will be alot of people with no votes so i dont think any one wud be hurt, plus u cant see whos voted so no one can take it personally

I think it's a nice idea, but I think Layla's right about the practical side of it. Perhaps votes could be PM'd to a member who would only share the winningest name and not the losingest....

Or could someone set up babywars? see http://kittenwar.com/ he he he ...

hey its meant to be fun, if u cant handle not winning its simple you wudnt submitt a pic, but if ur up for a laugh submit one, no one is making you do it are they?

plus im not saying vote purely on how cute baby is, as we wud be doing themesd pic, vote for most creative etc.

no i dont think i would be offended coz my baby is the most hansome one ever lol (even if i do say so myself) :lol:

I think it's a nice idea - I love seeing pictures of other peoples babies.....and if you didn't pick Damien each month I wouldn't send you too much hate mail :wink: :lol:

Skidoo's idea is a good one - keeping the votes private via PM as some people may get offended if their little one came last.

lol
dont think ethan would sit still for that hahah he knows what im doing when i get the cam and just stares no smiles lol

Ha ha - if that's the kind of pic that would win there's no way on god's green earth I'd be entering!! I think babies are quite adorable enough without putting giant ears on them and pretending they're easter bunnies or chocolates or flowers or something. No offense, but.

hey,....

Like that ldea a lot, would be good fun. l'd be up for that,... will have to wait for when baby arrives til l could join in lol!! Good idea.

Fluffy. xx

i think it could be a bit of fun! i'm sure elaine never intended it to be a serious beauty contest! but at the end of the day if someone's not up for it no one is forcing them to post.

and at the end of the day every parent knows THEIR baby is ALWAYS the cutest baby ever anyway! :D

hey, i'll start the contest off with a pic my LO from 10 weeks ago. hope he's not as ghost-like when he comes out!! lol - sorry it had to be a scan pic from me for now, but hopefully i can swap it for a real photo before long!

276pic3.jpg

Instead of people voting couldn't we just have a theme and people send in pics without there having to be a winner?? That way no-one would feel upset?? Just an idea.

having a winner is just the person who choose the theme for the followng month, so it aint really an acheivement?

if y'all up for it i start 1st of feb and do voting for last week in feb, then give result last day and that person can choose next theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back