Month-long cough

vampybear

Reaction score
My 14 month son has had a chesty cough (sounds like he has phlegm in his throat) for a month now. Have been to docs a few times over that month, as he also had diorreah (cant spell it) on and off for AGES during that time to the point it was burning his skin etc, but they gave him omoxicillin which just gave him the runs again so I stopped it.

Don't wana keep going back for a cough, but not sure if anyone else has experienced this\.
ive tried cough syrup for babies too.
He doesn't seem bothered by it anymore- it used to keep him awake .

He does have a heart problem which can cause breathing problems but I don't remember them ever saying look out for a cough, they said look out for infections that take ages to go away, pneumonia etc...

I hate going to GPs so really don't want to do it again lol

My little one had a cough on and off since january.
Amocycillin didnt work here so was.prescribed.something stronger so id defo go back and explain why you stopped.it.
Dnt worry bout keep.going round x

I would def go back to the Dr's hun - I understand why you stopped the antibiotics but you need to speak with the Dr to see if there is an alternative treatment.

I hate going to my GP too, I feel so fobbed off BUT when it comes to baby you just have to be persistent.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys will do. It's more a pain fitting it in with my work ar doctors are not accommodating single pcrents lok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back