Month 6 ttc #1 - fed up

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Really struggling today....just did a ic test at 11dpo - bfn. And deep down I know it's not my month.

As the title indicates it's month 6 of ttc baby 1. Prior to this I was on the pill for 11 years. I hope I don't appear insensitive - I know many ladies on here have been trying longer. But I'm finding it so hard. Everytime I think about it or discuss it at all I burst into tears. It's taking over my life

I'm worried there is something wrong. Most people I know have conceived within three months.
I'm trying to convince my husband we should pay for private tests to get the ball rolling. But he thinks we should wait

I don't get much ewcm so this month I starred on epo and had loads more....my periods are regular but fairly light - so I'm starting reflexology this month as I heard this can thicken up the periods. I think I'm ovulating as I get positives on my opks but I can't temp as I wake up all hours of the night and last time I tried it stressed me out

What else can I do? Any ideas of what has worked for others?

Thanks for reading xxxx

I hear ya hun.

I'm on month 18 ttc my second. Ttc has basically become my life!

When you want something so badly each month feels like forever and it's such a blow when you see a bfn or af shows up.

It can take a healthy couple up to a year to fall pregnant hun, so try not to be too concerned just yet. It took me 7 months with my son, 9 months with my first Angel and three months after that with my second Angel. I'm currently 3 months on from my last loss.

Hopefully it'll happen soon for us both eh?

XX

Sorry lovely you are upset. It's very hard to stay positive during TTC.

You are not alone we are with you x

Last edited:
Thanks to both. It is reassuring to find others in the same boat...not that I would wish waiting on anyone xx

Hope you find the strength within you. :hug:

Stay positive and it will happen x

Last edited:
I'm on month 15, I don't think it will ever happen, think at 43 I'm just too old for it to happen. I'm slowly giving up hope of ever getting a bfp. x

It is ok to feel down about it all, when you want something so badly it does hurt when it doesn't happen when you expect it to. As Emily says it is perfectly normal for a healthy couple to take a year, so chances are it will happen for you soon. Keep busy, don't let it consume your life as you need to keep on living in the meantime.

We are in year 4 ttc our first, I have been pregnant twice, it took about 18 months the first time and then about 15 months the second and I have pcos and immune issues. I've found the hardest part is not knowing if it will ever happen for us but it does help if you can stay positive (which is so difficult at times, it is totally ok to feel that way don't feel like you should be happy the whole time).

Thanks ladies. I had my first reflexology session today and I'm feeling a lot more positive.

Thanks for your reassurance - it's helpful to know I'm not alone.

Lilith don't give up....there are women who conceive into their 40s. I've seen plenty on here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back