Monoamniotic twins

Pixie27

Reaction score
Just found out my little miracle is two little miracles! They share the same sac same placenta but have their own cord. These are rare twins and are classed as high risk due to possible cord engtanglement

Has anyone ever experienced these twins obviously I’ve googled them and kids of scary stories come up ��

Last edited:
I've never experienced this but congratulations! I hope they're both born healthy :)

Wow! Good luck. I guess the risks are higher but I would think you’d get extra monitoring and scans to keep an eye on the cords etc. Scary but exciting too.

Just found out my little miracle is two little miracles! They share the same sac same placenta but have their own cord. These are rare twins and are classed as high risk due to possible cord engtanglement

Has anyone ever experienced these twins obviously I’ve googled them and kids of scary stories come up ��

Congrats on ur twins.
I'm also carrying twins I'm 16weeks tomorrow and have an9ther scan. Our twins are MCDA twins so they share a placenta but have their own sacs and cords so we r also high risk. Plus I've had 2/3 of my cervix removed due to cancours cells so that makes me even higher risk.
There's so many different things online about complications and bad things that can happen with twins sharing a placenta so I've stopped reading it was making me worry so much n it's not worth it as long as ur happy with the care ur getting from midwives consultant scans ECT it abuse u to do the same.
I've had scans every couple of weeks since we found out so at least they keeping a close eye on them everything seems to b goo g well both twins growing and looking good can't ask for anything more.
How have u been feeling. How far are u. How many scans have u had .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back