money, work from home

blueberrybaby8

Reaction score
Anybody planning or wanting to work from home whilst on maternity leave or on the run up? I'm 32 weeks now and I'm trying to think of ways I can help with the finances whilst I'm waiting for baby and when he arrives.
Any of you thinking of ways to get a little more income, any advice or ideas welcome pleaseee. I think the panic is setting in now it's getting so close, coping money wise being the main worry. Think it happens for all of us, but just trying to stay calm and think of a few ideas I could be doing at home or local Xx

Tri-hopping here. Are you crafty at all? I used to make + sell jewellery online which gave me a small income and I found it a relaxing hobby too. Only problem is finding the time once baby arrives! X

It's not a lot but if you can get about you can sign up to do mystery shopping for companies and if your gunna be out and about anyway can be a few extra quid here and there

My partner does matched betting, which is tax free and legit. There's a bit of homework involved, but he's earned £200 over a few days from sitting infront of the laptop. You have to make sure it's all done properly though at be strict with yourself otherwise you'll loose money if you make mistakes or gamble!
Type in matched betting on Google it should come up x

How are you at baking cakes? I make celebration cakes and I love it because I can be at home and take my own time, and still make about £60 a cake. Catering for small events also? Even if it's just sandwiches and scones... use facebook or other social networking sites to advertise.

I second MummyEdgar on the mystery shopping idea, I recently got paid £100 for a mystery shop with Nationwide. It took a few hours and I had to lie about wanting to invest a large amount of money (and secretly record it) but it paid off! There's also often assignments where they pay you like £20 to do a shop at Co-Op and while you're there you have to pick up certain things like milk, bread and a newspaper. So you get some free shopping out of it too! There's one at the moment where you have to buy a phone and then return it and you get paid £60. Anyway, there's a lot of companies out there but I did it with one called 'Tern' and I would definitely recommend. My money came in straight away.

I actually sound like I work for them!!

If you was good at college you can help others with making their home assignments (I work at MC2 company, for example). You can try remote writing, translating, web design may be? Girls already gave you many good advices, just avoid gambling and betting, please, this is not serious.

I dont think you can while on maternity as you need to register any earnings with hmrc and you can't legally work while claiming mat pay? As far as I'm aware anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back