Moles

lisa31

Reaction score
Been docs this afternoon and he has referred me to a skin clinic to get a mole looked at. :shock: :shock:

This mole appeared on my nipple :oops: when I was about 4 months pregnant - along with some others quite similar in colour etc (on the aerola bit). I just assumed it was part of pregancy as they came up whilst I was pregnant and didnt really worry about it. I showed it to the MW who said just run it by the docs to make sure.

Thing is he wasnt very helpful and of course, cos Ive only just had Heidi I am a bit hormonal anyway and worrying about everything - now I am so worried about this and am convinved I have skin cancer.

Did anyone else grow any funny moles when pregnant?

L x

My moles have got bigger and darker especially on my boobs, and I have some new ones. Don't worry about it hun, it is best to get it checked out (am always doing this) but am sure all will be ok. Get it done sooner rather then later though or you will just get into a state about it. Let us know how you get on xxxxx

Hi

Try not to worry i have no new moles just one big one onmy arm that they wnat looked at as it looks different now os they want it removed just in case im more scared about getting that out then i was going into labour :shock: .
Hope everythings okay xx
Katrina

Lisa, the very same thing happened to me!!! I grew 3 of what appeared to be moles or dark coloured skin tags on one nipple (areola) and two on the other. One broke off while pumping...not comfy. They have shrunk somewhat and darkened since I had Naomi but they are not painful or as big or raised as they once were. The M/W said they were no harm, the GP looked at them and told me she was satisfied they were skin tags and to use plenty of moisturiser. I dunno...

Sue

:? I've got one on my left nipple and that boob has been giving me a lot of gip lately (was going to make an appointment to see the docs about that and my bits but haven't got round to it).

I've also got about 5-6 smaller ones on my right nipple.

Some of my moles got bigger and darker too during pregnancy. And I think they have stayed that way. :?
I know someone who had to have a mole removed during pregnancy because it turned a bit suspiscious but it turned out to be nothing.
I think it's very common during pregnancy because your skin is much more sensitive and your complexion often changes. I had very greesey skin and hair before getting pregnant, now they are very dry.
I wouldn't worry too much.

I have to say you guys have put my mind at rest a bit. Yesterday my head was running away with me - I couldnt stop thinking that maybe I have skin cancer, and what would happen to Heidi etc etc - I'm sure its just the hormones making me react like this - but it has put the frightners up me a bit. It happens though, and I guess I'm just scared that its going to happen to me.

Tiny Sue - what you put made me feel loads better as they sound very very similar - plus the fact I have them on both boobs - makes me think that they must be to do with pregnancy. I was sure it had shrunk too, but I didnt know if that was because my boobs have shrunk recently!! :?

Rosieroo - make the appointment - like my doc said, always better to check these things out!

Thanks again - as usual you lot have been much more helpful than any doc / midwife or Health Visitor !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back