Molars/Sleep - Nearly 16 Months

Alipops1986

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm swiftly losing my sanity at the moment, as Zachary has started waking up at 4am/5am rather than his normal 6/6:30am and it's completely exhausting all of us.

Just for reference, nearly 2 weeks ago we took away his dummy, 2 nights of upset and he's not been bothered since. Then literally around the same time we realised his molars were starting to make an appearance, even though he's still missing some smaller teeth! Zac has never been great at teething, it's always a drama and painful for him. That said, we had been doing well.

I've been reading online that their Molars can affect their sleep due to the pain - but i'm a bit dubious because Zac is waking early but not exactly upset, just chatting, like he wants to start the day. I can settle him back down but within 5 mins he's up again, after 40 mins this morning I gave up.

He only has one nap for an hour during the day, so i'm conscious he does need a good sleep at night. OH's argument is that he did sleep from 6:10pm - 4:40am this morning, which is still a good stretch.

Can anyone suggest anything to help, or is this just Molar related? I'm not sure how we're going to survive work when we're having to get up so early!

Thanks in advance,
Alipops x

I wish I had a jem of wisdom but can only sympathies! My ds has gone through loads of phases of this and he eventually comes out of them. He's currenLy going through one but he's a bit older and we use a grow clock so he will stay in his room until the sun comes up!

There's a sleep regression at 16-18 months. We've long come out of it but molars are coming through so he's up in the night crying. If it's not one thing or another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back