Moby wrap

Discussion in 'Alternative Parenting' started by Tigger87, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

My second hand eBay one arrived today, I was pretty amazed at how much material they are!!

I'm a bit concerned though, in ALL the you tube videos they tie a knot at the front. I know I'm a bit rounder across the middle at the moment, but when I tried it, there was nowhere near enough to be able to tie at the front!! Neither could my OH who is as skinny as a rake??

Does it need to be tighter perhaps? What's anyone else's experience? I'm petrified of putting baby in it if I can't get it right, I don't want to drop him/her!!

2. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

I have one i tie at back or side as at the front it bugged me. sounds daft but practice with a teddy/dolly it does need to be fairly snug x

3. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

We tried playing with a teddy. I've asked my friend to bring her (slightly more robust) 9 month old round on the weekend so we can have a play haha xx

4. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

5. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

im a size 22 and i could tie my stretchy wrap fine.....shouldnt be too short, since its stretchy dont worry about leaving any slack to fit baby in as its easy to get them in when its snug anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_nUMV7GB0
    any video by this lady will do a great carry, she does lots of different examples for newborns, older babies and for breastfeeding etc