Mobile phone harm unborn baby?

Poppy123

Reaction score
I need to use the mobile phone a lot because of my job.Lately I have read an article saying that the frequent use of mobile phone may harm the fetus brain development!And there is a link between the ADHD and mobile phone use during pregnancy!This really freaked me out!

Am I the only one who still use mobile phone that much? Do you ladies use the phone a lot and the baby is fine?

Just so worried about this!

Thanks!

I think that's just scare mongering & I wouldn't worry at all! Babies are tucked away nicely in there & protected, you won't do it any harm. It's the same old rot as 'don't dye your hair whilst pregnant' & 'don't go near paint' & 'don't drink diet coke'.....in fact lock yourself in a dark room for 9 months & only drink water, you'll be fine! lol x

Yep, I'm with Rachel on this one. I used my mobile a lot when I was pregnant with my daughter. She's scarily smart for a 23 month old - knows all her colours, can count to 10 (on most occasions!), speaks in sentences. No way that anything's affected her brain development in any way!!!

There's too much stuff out there to scare us nowadays with pregnancy. It's awful. Women should just be able to get on with their pregnancy without constantly worrying that what they're doing might harm their baby because someone says it 'may' have an effect.

babies have been born during wars, there not as delicate as we imagine, Im sure with all the toxins in the air from cars etc if anything was going to harm a baby it would have years before now. Don't worry, its worse to get yourself all stressed! xx

Well I would say, wifi and 3G (radio) signals are a bit harder to avoid than for example cigarette smoke. That doesn't mean it can't have long term or short term effects but I mean it's inevitable to avoid contact, am quite sure you have wifi in your own house, your neighbours, local mall and so on.. You could try and see if you can use your landline but other than that it's hard to make changes. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Things you ingest directly or that get into the bloodstream I'd worry much more about.

By all means I wouldn't drink diet or light products because of aspartame and high sugar contents which isn't good for foetus, babies, tots or children...
(paint can be dangerous when it contains lead.....)

Well I would say, wifi and 3G (radio) signals are a bit harder to avoid than for example cigarette smoke. That doesn't mean it can't have long term or short term effects but I mean it's inevitable to avoid contact, am quite sure you have wifi in your own house, your neighbours, local mall and so on.. You could try and see if you can use your landline but other than that it's hard to make changes. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Things you ingest directly or that get into the bloodstream I'd worry much more about.

By all means I wouldn't drink diet or light products because of aspartame and high sugar contents which isn't good for foetus, babies, tots or children...
(paint can be dangerous when it contains lead.....)

I think its only very old paint that contains lead, my dog used to lick the wall at my old house that was lead paint and was as thick as a plank of wood. I think the wifi thing is a bit ott, ive not even heard its bad for you they even have wifi in hospital x

Yeh its a good thing or id have never stop stressing which is probably worse for any baby :)

Last edited:
And I drank diet coke by the bucket load with no ill affects, my son is as bright & happy as can be. I also injected immune suppressant drugs throughout my pregnancy - to manage my chronic condition. Just do what you do & don't worry - if you want to drink diet coke drink it, it's hardly crack cocaine! x

Really appreciate all the replies,and I am feeling much better now.

I have adhd and mobile phones weren't around when I was born!! Xx

Im a plumber and I see what's in the water we drink, trust me diet coke is the least of everybody's worries!

It's not diet coke, it's the aspartame which unfortunately is also found in robinsons and most cordials... But anyway I know they poison our water with fluoride and what not.. And our government is allowing all this fracking.. More water contamination..

I have adhd and mobile phones weren't around when I was born!! Xx

Diet coke was and radio waves are from long before our time...

Ok doke, I must tell my doctor the cause of my neurological condition... :p

ADHD, Autism, Asperger's and other developmental conditions and disorders are not caused by additives, radio waves, sweets, vaccinations, the loch ness monster or anything of the sort. They are largely hereditary and are unlikely to be avoided by change of lifestyle or diet or anything.

I think perhaps some old wives' tales are sneaking in here... xx

Last edited:
If that's what you want to believe than that's fine, all i'll say is that vaccines and other toxins can do neurological (brain) damage and if you don't want to believe that I would urge you to do a little better research instead of believing what the manufacturers are telling you what is safe. Follow the money trail..

But its pointless information, you cant do anything about radio waves, there everywhere, hospitals, restaurants, neighbours, even bt has cloud so wifi is everywhere. Theres no point stressing about it when your pregnant.

I was terrible using my phone while pregnant, my lo is 15minths now and rest assured there's nothing wrong with her lol x

I was terrible using my phone while pregnant, my lo is 15minths now and rest assured there's nothing wrong with her lol x

I kept mine in my bra, my eldest is two and youngest 9 months, there fine :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back