Moaning again!!

girly2007

Reaction score
The other day I was moaning on here about not getting enough sleep and now I need to moan again!

I've got such a horrible head cold :( really sneezy and snotty and my head feels like it's going to explode! I went to the supermarket earlier but had to leave my basket because I felt so faint.

I can't go to work tomorrow if I feel like this but I don't know what to tell my boss... last time I was off sick before I was pregnant was nearly two years ago, but whilst I've been pregnant (I'm 14+5) I've had 2 separate days off already (I found the 1st tri very hard!). When I came back she really grilled me about why I'd been off and made me feel awful, so just telling her I feel a bit faint and fluey won't cut it with her and she'll try and argue that I should go in!

I need some good cast iron reasons not to go in tomorrow. I might feel better by then and go in anyway but I'll fret about it all night as I hate calling in sick!!

xxx

Anyone got any advice? I'm really getting myself in a state here thinking about if I have to call in... Xxx

They can't discriminate against I of ur not well it not well u need to look after u n baby x

Do they know your pregnant yet? They cant argue with you if they do know. If not just tell her you have a terrible virus and cant get out of bed and you dont want to pass it on to anyone.

Thanks for replying ladies - yes work do know I'm pregnant, my manager just hates people calling in sick and will be funny with you for weeks if you dare to ring in!! To say it was about 2 years when I last called in sick (before I was pregnant anyway) counts for nothing apparently!!

UPDATE!!

I did end up going in today, but really struggled with a headache and came home at 3 to go to the doctors.

Doc took blood pressure and looked in my eyes then told me to tell the receptionist to book me in for emergency bloods and see an optician in the morning. He also signed me off work (I mentioned nothing about work to him) and told me to rest up.

OMG talk about panic! I don't even feel THAT bad - my head really hurts but it's nothing a dark quiet room and some sleep won't ease! Why did he have to use the word emergency?!?!? Bloody hell!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back