Mixed feeding

traci

Reaction score
Anyone bf and ff? How do you go about it? I have to give LO a top up as she seems hungry after every feed from me.

I did at the begining and was advised at the hospital if I was going to do it to give the formula top at tea time as over night is your best milk production, we were lucky that grace took to bottle & breast easily but we did start off with a little cup do she wouldn't get confused

I've been combination feeding since Jax was 4 weeks old and he will be 9 weeks on Monday. I still try to bf as much as possible but if I'm out and about, if I feel like he's not full enough from me or if my dh gets up with Jax so I can get a full nights sleep we like to ff.

We've never had any problems with him taking a bottle or breast

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Alice seems happy with both. I try to bf as much as possible but my supply seems a bit low. I just wanted different opinions on how to go about it as I wasnt sure what was best but I think I'm doing it ok, Alice is happy! x

My baby is 12 days old, he is tounge-tied so has a bit of trouble with latching on my breast sometimes. We decided to ff at night as he gets hysterical after a while of trying to latch on, i still try the breast but he mostly ff at night. He's recently started not taking the breast in the day now also, and yesterday he was constipated and very unsettled... debating whether to go full ff although i feel so down about it, i wanted to fully breastfeed upto 6 months. I feel im being mean to him but on the other hand dont want him constipated again :(

We combination feed. I give Caleb a feed first thing in the morning, and once before he goes to bed, but he's ff the rest of the time. He seems to get on really well with it and he's HUGE! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back