Missed period + symptoms - Negative HPT ??

Felicity100

Reaction score
Im new to this site so I'm helping someone can help..

My last period was on 10th June and lasted for the usual 6 days.
My partner and I had unprotected sex on 17th and 19th June.

According to my period calendar app my most fertile days were 19th-25th June and I ovulated on the 24th. I'm taking all this info off the app so I'm not 100% how accurate those fertile dates are.

On the 26th June I noticed a very small amount of blood on the tissue after wiping, only happened once and not again after that. At that point my period wasn't due for another 12 days.

It's now 21st July and I haven't had my period. According to my app I'm now 13 days late. I'm generally quite regular but can be off by a few days either side but not usually this long.

My symptoms include: Metallic taste in my mouth, sore breasts, especially nipples. Feeling very tired, going to the toilet a lot more than usual (although I do wee quite often anyway) and feeling extremely nauseous, to the point i threw up this morning after brushing my teeth.

I've done two pregnancy tests and both were negative. The first one I did a couple days after my period was due and the second I did two days ago.

Is it possible to have symptoms like this and it be something other than being pregnant? Is it possible I am pregnant and it's not registering on the HPT? I'm not wishful thinking or anything like that as we haven't been actively trying to conceive. I'm just not sure what to do, do I take another test? If so when?

Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you x

Anything is possible.
Maybe you are very late with your period, or maybe you are pregnant but your body just isnt producing enough HCG at the moment. I'd try and test again if I were you, maybe with an early prediciting test ? These are more sensitve to the hormone
Fingers crossed for you x

Anything is possible.
Maybe you are very late with your period, or maybe you are pregnant but your body just isnt producing enough HCG at the moment. I'd try and test again if I were you, maybe with an early prediciting test ? These are more sensitve to the hormone
Fingers crossed for you x

Thank you, can I ask what test you would recommend that is very sensitive? I haven't really been through this before x

I dont live in the UK so I couldnt tell you what brands there are, but I think most pharmacy's (boots etc.) should have a test for early detection (Ive seen First Responce come up in the comments here somewhere?)

I dont live in the UK so I couldnt tell you what brands there are, but I think most pharmacy's (boots etc.) should have a test for early detection (Ive seen First Responce come up in the comments here somewhere?)

Thank you for your help. I'll have a quick search on here now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back