:-( Missed my appointment today..

soverign

Reaction score
.. was supposed to have my 16 week appointment with the midwife today first thing. I told the lady on the phone I needed a later appointment and she said they are only allowed to give them in that order so the midwife wouldn't be waiting around to see people.

I knew if I tried to get up early my sickness would get me back down. I cant believe I missed it seen as I had to wait until week 18 to get one.

I have re booked it for next week luckily so I hope I make it this time.

Do you know what they do at the 16 week appointment? I will be 18+6 when I go so will that be okay? :wall:

wee test and blood presure taken.. they have a feel of your belly and some let you hear the babys heartbeat :) dont worry about missing your appointment because they generally like to see you between 16-18 weeks after your booking appt. so you only just going to be out of the gestation range :)

Thanx hun. I was getting all worked up about this! At least I have my own doppler at home to listen to baby!

A similar thing happen to me i rang at 15 weeks to book for the following week and because they book one after the other and i wanted an afternoon appointment they told me to ring back nearer the time which i did then to be told the midwife only stayed until lunchtime and they were fully booked so had to wait till week 17 and ended up with a morning appointement anyway. :roll:

They took some blood i got to hear babys heartbeat and just had a general chat so i dont think it will matter that you will be 18+6

Ive only just had my booking appointment last week - I was 16+5

I wouldn't worry about it - if u have had your booking appointment then they will just be checking things are ok

I don't have another appointment till 22 weeks and it is with my doctor not the midwife

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back