Missed miscarriage at twelve week scan

Natalier90

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am completely and utterly heartbroken! We went a long to out twelve week scan and with having three perfectly healthy pregnancies before hand we never ever imagined we would miscarry.

We found this out Monday lunch time and I had a d and c Monday evening , I feel so sick and just all over the place.

Just looking for some advice really on how you coped with the loss of your baby.

:(

I’m so sorry for your loss. My situations have been different I’ve had 2 mmc one at 11w6 and one at 9w3 plus two other miscarriages but I’ve only had medical management not a d and c my advise is to make sure you take time for yourself and open up to people either family friends or on here. Sending you lots of love x

Aww bless you. I'm so sorry to hear that, you're a very strong woman! Talking about it to anyone I just burst into tears but it has only been two days since the procedure. Thank you xx

My last one was the worst we had heard the heartbeat so had told our mums. I definitely don’t feel strong but this forum has been the best support going x

I am so sorry :( Miscarriage is absolutely horrific. I also miscarried my fourth pregnancy after 3 healthy babies, in a way I wasn't surprised cause I did expect it to happen at some point (law of averages, I guess) but I was absolutely destroyed by it. I couldn't believe how much it devastated me. I think a huge factor is the hormone crash, it's truly terrible and really throws you for a loop. You will feel better soon, I promise. For me, once the bleeding stopped, it was like the clouds parted. I was still sad but I could move on. And for what it's worth, I did get pregnant immediately the next cycle (no period in between) and am now 26+1 and all is going well so far.

Sending you hugs.

Aww Lucy that must be so hard im so sorry you had to go through that.

Kholl aww congratulations. I'm not sure if I have the courage to try again. I think we're going to get Christmas out the way etc and talk about it in the new year. Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

It’s an awful situation and you need to take each day, I have never had a mmc- but have had a spontaneous one before. My friend has just had a surgical management of hers, and she’s also broken by it. Sending love, I’m sorry this has happened to you x

We went through this a few weeks ago, we'd had 3 healthy scans before this and 12 week scan was a shock with no heartbeat. We're devastated. Right now I'm focusing on moving forward and trying again. We've had miscarriages before but this was really really hard this time. I just want to move on.

Thank you princess 81. Just a loop of emotions mixed between anger and heartbreak. It's just going to take time.

Teachermummy I'm so sorry to hear this, I really do want to try again but I dont know if my partner does. He's totally and utterly heartbroken, as am I. Think we just need to take time to process it and maybe discuss it after Christmas . Good luck with trying again.

So sorry to hear this. I found out the day before my 12 week scan that the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. We had been TTC a long time with fertility problems and had no children, so I really struggled to cope, because I worried that I'd never have children. The first year after this was very difficult. By the second year after I was losing hope that I'd ever have children, but fortunately the 3rd round of IVF worked. Once I got pregnant again, over 2 years later, that helped me get over it. Now (6.5 years on), I don't really think of it, except rarely.

It's absolutely devastating and it could potentially take you a long time to deal with. Please look after yourself xxx

Aww bless you, I'm so happy for you that you managed to fall again and have your baby! I'm just trying to keep myself busy , when I have nothing to do I think about it and get down.

I am so sorry about your loss, i lost my baby in 10 week, they sent me for scan and there was no heartbeat. The worst ever happened to me in my life. Months of crying and thinking of it. Then one year later i got again pregnant and believe me all pregnancy was for me suffering because i was scared it was gonna happen again. Just after 6 months of my pregnancy i started to be calmer and not to think about it so much. Now i have 3 years old boy and i am happy but yes sometimes i remember and it makes me sad. It really takes time to heal

Aww bless you, I'm so happy for you that you managed to fall again and have your baby! I'm just trying to keep myself busy , when I have nothing to do I think about it and get down.

I’m sorry this has happened to you but I can relate about the thinking about it part when I’m not busy. I also had a mmc at 12 weeks howvever I had my d&c the day I was supppsed to have my scan. It’s heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back