Miscarriage with no bleeding?

Cameron2010

Reaction score
So I got a few clear positive HPTs last week, done more during the week and they were getting darker.

Yesterday (9 days after BFP) I went for a blood test and the nurse told me that it was negative and that I must've miscarried. I've had a miscarriage and 2 chemicals prior to this and have always had really bad bleeding and intense cramps and the chemicals were the day after getting BFPs not 9 days after.

This time I've had no bleeding or pain so far. I accept the blood test but I'm just like what am I supposed to do now? Its hard to get your head round that you are pregnant one minute and just not the next despit no signs. Do I just wait to eventually start bleeding? Has anyone had a similar experience? How long did it take to bleed? I want to just get it over with instead of this horrible, confusing, waiting stage.

I'm also driving myself insane with stupid hope that it may not be a miscarriage when deep down I know I just need to accept it. Last year I was told a pregnancy had ended after a blood test and the next day had a scan which showed perfectly healthy pregnancy and heartbeat so I keep clinging on to that. I know deep down that was a one in a million thing to happen tho and won't happen twice. But I can't seem to accept it and move on until I get the bleeding. I also want to get it so that we can start trying again xxx

Last edited:
Based on your history I would insist they give you a scan, also if no bleeding within 7 days I would get your bloods repeated. Hopefully it is just a shy baby bean x

Sorry you are going through this. Most likely the blood test is right and your body is just taking its time to accept it and start bleeding. Did the nurse give you an actual level, or just say negative? It could be that there is enogh HCG in your system to stop the bleeding but not enough that the lab at your hospital officially counts it as pregnant. Some labs use a higher cut off level than others. Sometimes with early losses your body wont give up on the baby until the level is right down to 0. Have you tried another home test? It seems at worth least a try because there is still a small possibly of a lab error or something. Hope you get anwers soon. Limbo is so hard. Hugs.

Limbo is the worst. Sending hugs your way and hoping you get an answer you can believe in xxxx

Thanks everyone. The pain and spotting started last night and tonight I passed a few big clots down the toilet, obviously devastating but at least I know what's happening. Finding it so hard to keep going after four miscarriages. Doubting it will ever happen and my partner has said that he doesn't want to try again as he can't cope with the heartbreak anymore. Feel guilty for causing him this pain and like my body is such a failure.

So sorry Cameron. I know it's hard but you will get the strength to try again.
There is hope I'm now 24 weeks pregnant after 4 losses in a row!!

Stay strong xxx

So sorry. At least you know where you are at but its a small comfort seeing as you'd give anything not to be here again. I have a friend who had a baby after quite a tew MCs and yiou have a good chance of it happening for you eventually. It is just a lot to go through on the way there. Only you and OH can decide whats the right choice for you but I think the best advice is not to decide anything now. Give yourself time to grieve and for your feelings to settle and then see how you feel. You are bound to feel all over the place now and trying to make decisions about the future at the moment is just going to add more pressure.

I hope you are not suffering too much physically. Look after yourself. Hugs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back