Miscarriage symptoms but negative tests

CreamCrackers

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new here so do forgive me if I don't make sense 😔

Me and partner are trying to conceive normally my monthly cycle is 20-25th of each month. Last month it was 13th which is not normal. 1st of August I had spotting for two day and stopped (didn't think much). A week before my periods I had pink spotting went to see my GP, negative test showed said give it a week due to hormones. Since then I've had pink mixture /brown bleeding alittle more bleeding as days went by, I experienced lower back pains travelling to my bottom, severe cramping and I mean SEVERE !!! 😖 My breasts changed my tummy felt tight and I was sleepy, exhausted, dizzy.

6 days later I use the bathroom and there is a load of clots similar to liver description not a period clot. On the following day I was suppose to start my periods.

Yet again I did a pregnancy test came back negative, went to see GP she did the same and diagnosed me with early miscarriage. Since then my cramping has stopped its the left side of my tummy sharp aches come and go and my bleeding has reduced but still texture of pink/ to light brown. I'm really feeling weak

The doctor can't refer me to pregnancy scan as the pregnancy test showed negative.

I'm really feeling my lowest with all this happening I'm so confused

Is this normal has it happen to anyone please share your experience or knowledge.

Can you be pregnant and test shows negative especially with these symptoms.

Feel no one understands me I know my body and I still haven't had a proper periods I'm 5 days late it's only been the continuous spotting to bleeding as to only use one pad a day.

Sorry if I was to detailed

Hi creamcrackers
So sorry you're going through this and it all seems very confusing. Sorry I'm not a 100% understanding your timeline. If it's an early mc these symptoms can be normal, ie bleeding. I would suggest going back to your GP for advice, at this stage if you were pregnant a test would likely be positive, really sorry. They also might suggest a supplement for your dizziness etc (like iron?). Hope you start to feel better soon and sorry I couldn't be more help x

Hi candymycandy

Thank you so much for your reply huni. I'm going for my bloods on Tuesday hopefully will be able to figure out what is really going on. Maybe they can tell through my bloods

My iron levels are normal as I had my blood recently.

Thanks once again x

Sorry you are having such a confusing time. It seems to me like the doctor was a little hasty to diagnose an early MC. Your symptoms certainly could be from a MC but with negative tests there doesn't really seem to be anything in particular to say that it is what it is. It could be that you were very early in pregnancy and your hormone levels never got high enough to show on a test or that they were higher and had dropped already. There are plenty of other reasons for mixed up cycles and unusual bleeding though. It could be caused by something like a hormone imbalance or cysts or fibroids.

Of course it isnt impossible you are infact pregnant. You would expect a test to show positive by the time your period was late but you could have ovulated a few days late or something. Have you tried a home test since the doctor tested? It might be worth it just to put your mind at rest about the possibility of being pregnant or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back