Miscarriage smells?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi girls, this is a bit tmi but I'm gonna be worrying until tomorrow is i don't ask...

Well since about a couple hours ago everytime I've been to loo when I wipe I can smell the blood on the tissue, and is absolutely disgusting, doesn't smell like normal period and I didn't have this with my other mc...

Does anyone know what this is or whats causing it, ive tried having a look online but hasn't got alot of info.
Thanks x

Hi peanutbutter, firstly I am very sorry to her that you are going through this again, huge hugs!

I do remember the smell while I went through mine, it was a kind of sick type smell, I can't quite describe. I didn't know what it was and just assumed it was normal because it wasn't a period that was coming away. I had no infections or anything so didn't let it worry me.

Look after yourself honey xx

I don't remember this from my natural mc but I did have this after my erpc.

It smelled like the sanitary bins in the hospital!

I didn't have an infection but if you are worried hun then don't hesitate to get yourself checked out.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

:hug:

XX

Peanutbutter I'm so sorry hun.
I didn't have any smell really but if your worried just go and get it checked. Last thing you need is an infection.

Big hugs Hun xxx

Hey. Sorry about the MC.
I remember mine smelling like iron/metal very strongly. It reminded me of the bleeding I had after my daughter was born.
I'm not sure what the smell was but it wasn't anything to worry about with me. Good luck, I hope you don't have an infection or anything xx

Sorry you are going through this again :( it really sucks! I noticed this with my last MC actually, I contacted the nurse at the EPu and she said should be okay as long as your not getting other symptoms....to be honest I cant remember what they were, sorry! Maybe just check with doctor or someone just in case x

Hi peanut..
Sorry for your loss sweetheart :(
We were in the october thread together.
my miscarriage smelled 'odd' to, different to my period, I fully stopped bleeding today.
If you feel worried phone EPU they're normally happy to help..

Last edited:
It smells because it's a mixture of blood, mucous and tissue. It's very similar to the lochia that is bled after child birth. I've had it with all 5 of my mc, it shouldn't be anything to worry about xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back