Miscarriage Question??

ree77

Reaction score
OK, So I went to have an ultrasound today to rule an ectopic out and they had to do a transvaginal ultrasound and they said that they saw a sac but they could not tell how far I was but that I was probably less then 5 weeks??? Since then I have had mild cramping, not real bad but enough to know they are there! Could I be miscarrying?? I would love any insight because I am going insane now!!

mild cramping is normal...are you bleeding at all? I miscarried on June 6, 2005, and from what I remember, I had bad cramping and lots and lots of bloody "stuff". My advise is to take any and all concerns to your OB. Even though there is nothing that can stop a destined miscarriage, it'll put your fears at ease. Take Care of yourself. Good Luck to you!
Love
Aimee :wink:

No bleeding at all! and the cramping comes and goes. What do you think about the ultrasound and them saying it was to small to tell how far I was?

Well, with my ultrasound b/f I miscarried, they could see something very small in the uterus, but they coudn't tell what it was...turns out it was just tissue, I had already miscarried. Did they do quantative hCG counts? If and when they do or did, let me know what they were. Mine were wierd they would go 42, 36,114, 64, 51,45, 92, 87, 15 , 12. Let me know!!

I was reading up on different scans yesterday and the site I was looking at advised the differences between the ones available. It did say that if you had a transvaginal scan you would experieince cramping afterwards. So I would say its perfectly normal, and not to worry.

Thank you so much! I must say I do feel a little bit better now that I read that. Do you know what website you were on? The other thing that had me worried was that when they did transvaginal one she said it was to small to measure but in the same breath she said in order for anything to be seen that you would have to be atleast 5 weeks, but at 5 weeks it would be large enough to measure right??? When she was doing the scan over the skin she saw something that could be the start of the sac but that doing an internal one she would be able to see more clearer, again she said that in order to see anything over the skin you would have to be atleast 6 weeks, so now I wonder why could she see anything if I was only 5 weeks or less and why is to small to measure?

Hi Ree,
Your cramping could be implantation pains and/or your uterus expanding. I think it's normal to feel some aches and pains so try not to worry too much.
I had a scan at 6 weeks and they told me that I was 'pushing the boundaries of ultrasound'. They normally like to do it from 7 weeks + as they don't expect to see anything before that.
Hope this has put your mind at rest.
Lucyx

Thank you it does, every little reply always seems to help!

Good Luck! ~Baby Dust~

Hi Ree,

Just to let you know i also had a scan (internal and external) at 5 weeks. They could see sac but no baby and i was very worried. I also had mild cramping and like you expected the worst, i had my 12 week scan not so long ago and everything is fine and even heard it's little heart beating!! As far as i can tell, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal even though it doesnt stop you worrying! Best thing you can do is relax, for yours and babys sake!

Good Luck and take care
xxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much! Not that I wish worry on anybody but it's nice to know that I am not the only one and so it sounds that everything is ok! :D You would think that because this is my 5th I would be a pro by now but the truth of the matter is, I feel like I am clueless this has been completely different then with any of my other ones! What they say about every pregnancy being different is true!! :shock: Do you know what you are having???

Hiya Ree

At my scan at 5wks there was just a teeny tiny gestational sac with nothing in it. It wasn't measured because it really was so small.... One week later, at 6wks we saw a heartbeat....so it was proberbly just far too early for you, as it was with me.

This is my 6 week scan and everythings still so tiny!
6wks2.jpg

I'm sure everything will be just fine! - Have you another scan booked?

No not yet but in the report from the radiologist they suggested that I have another in 7-10 days I guess to make sure that the sac has grown. I didnt get to see the screen when they were doing the ultrasound so I dont know how it looks but I know the size was .54 cm which is equal to 5.4 mm Hopefully that is an appropriate size! :D

Hiya Ree

I don't know whether this helps but at my 6wk scan my gestational sac measured 7mm x 14mm......

Lotsa luck - Hope everything works out.

Thank you, yes every little bit helps as it helps ease the mind! I'm gonna just not to worry and just enjoy this little miracle! :wink:

Ree,
I hope you don't mind me asking but why was ectopic pregnancy suggested?
S

No I don't mind at all, A few years ago I had an ectopic preegnancy which I never knew I was pregnant and it actually ruptured, I was rushed in for emergency surgery. So when you have a previous ectopic you are more likely to have another one. I was also having mild cramping on my left side which before I had the pains on the right side which is was the right tube that had ruptured. The cramping I had this time was no where near as bad as before but they just wanted to check to make sure that was in fact in the uterus and it was :D I even asked them once it's in the uterus, is there anyway possible for it to go back in the tube! :shock: lol
I knew the answer to that but I had to make sure. For me the ectopic was more painful than labor itself!!!! They had to give me 4 shots of morphine to just take the edge off! Are you suspecting an ectopic???

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back