Miscarriage or Not?

Sammy1990

Reaction score
Hello, I've been having a rough couple weeks. About 10 days ago I found out I was pregnant and was so happy! The next night, I had sharp cramps, and a VERY slight amount of brown blood. Not much at all, but I was worried so I went to the ER. They did an US, and blood work and said my HCG levels were at 121 and I guess very low. Based on my last missed period this would put me at around week 4 or 5. They sent me for blood work 48 hours later, stating my numbers should double. So the results came in and my numbers were at 425, so I thought this was a good thing! But when my doctor called to tell me about my rising HCG levels, I had started having a dull throb in my lower left pelvis, almost near groin. She said that one sided pain is unusual and I should go back to ER and check about ectopic pregnancy. So when I went back the did more blood tests (490 about 12 hrs since last test), and an US. They then told me to come back the next day and get another US done by the US techs. When my results were in they said my levels were that of a 2w pregnancy, not 4-5, and they couldn't see a gestational sac. They termed this a Pregnancy of Unknown Location (PUL) and said this is most likely going to miscarry or I have already. I have another appointment in 2 days with the early pregnancy unit... But I just want to know of anyone had a similar experience? Could I just be earlier in the pregnancy than I thought? Or am I being unrealistically positive? I've been so stressed.

Hello, I've been having a rough couple weeks. About 10 days ago I found out I was pregnant and was so happy! The next night, I had sharp cramps, and a VERY slight amount of brown blood. Not much at all, but I was worried so I went to the ER. They did an US, and blood work and said my HCG levels were at 121 and I guess very low. Based on my last missed period this would put me at around week 4 or 5. They sent me for blood work 48 hours later, stating my numbers should double. So the results came in and my numbers were at 425, so I thought this was a good thing! But when my doctor called to tell me about my rising HCG levels, I had started having a dull throb in my lower left pelvis, almost near groin. She said that one sided pain is unusual and I should go back to ER and check about ectopic pregnancy. So when I went back the did more blood tests (490 about 12 hrs since last test), and an US. They then told me to come back the next day and get another US done by the US techs. When my results were in they said my levels were that of a 2w pregnancy, not 4-5, and they couldn't see a gestational sac. They termed this a Pregnancy of Unknown Location (PUL) and said this is most likely going to miscarry or I have already. I have another appointment in 2 days with the early pregnancy unit... But I just want to know of anyone had a similar experience? Could I just be earlier in the pregnancy than I thought? Or am I being unrealistically positive? I've been so stressed.
I have no words for comfort but I really hope they will find out what's going on. Cramps are very common in early pregnancy.
Weird that they said your levels were of a 2 week old gestation since I had my blood tested last week and it came back at 229 which is also a 4-5 week pregnancy level.
I had an US at around 4 weeks with my first and they couldn't see a gestational sac either, just a "growth" in the uterus, so it might still have been too early for they to see anything. Keeping my fingers crossed!x

I wonder if they meant 2 weeks from conception which would put you at around 4 weeks due to the way they date the pregnancy? I hope you find out some more soon and get some good news.

So I had my appointment today... They saw the gestational sac! I have to go for blood work over the next two weeks to make sure things are progressing smoothly but it's looking positive! They said they didn't know why the ER doctor said that, and that he was wrong. Thank you for your kind words of support ❤️

Glad you got some positive news.

ON the pain front. I had cramps and aches for about 4 weeks after finding out so not always a bad sign. I was worried every day but then the day they stopped I worried again because they’d gone!!

I had cramps really badly from 5 weeks to about 11 weeks. They were more intermittent between 8 and 11 but it did take a while to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back