Miscarriage at 6 weeks

Blackcat

Reaction score
So it looks like I'm miscarrying my first pregnancy. I started spotting about a week ago and it's slowly increased. I went to the emergency gynae department last night, and the doctor I saw thought it was fairly likely that I was miscarrying given the amount of blood she saw. I've got a scan booked for tomorrow. I'm still cramping and bleeding a little so I know I haven't passed the pregnancy yet.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm worried about how much I'm going to bleed and how long it's going to take

So sorry blackcat.

I had a very early loss and it was just an normal period and a loss at 10 weeks where I had heavy bleeding but no experience at the stage you are at. I think you can expect it to be quite a bit heavier than a normal period and with blood clots. It varies so much though so its hard to say. There is no need to worry unless you start soaking multiple pads in an hr.

Hugs.

Hi sweetie
I'm so sorry to hear your going through this,
But before you have a define answer I would wait for your scan, a lot of women bleed heavily and are still fine ...im praying this is the case for you

Sending you massive hugs

xxxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Right now it's like have a normal-to-light period and I've got period-like cramps. Only co-codamol and a hot water bottle have kept it bearable.

There's still a tiny part that hopes it'll all be ok, but it's a lot of blood to lose

Really sorry hun. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. The bleeding was only slightly heavier than normal. I only passed one clot. Once that clot was passed my bleeding lightened quite quickly.
But don't lose hope... Lots of people bleed and if you haven't lost any clots/tissue then that's a good sign xx

Thanks everyone. I really hope it's all ok, I desperately want my Christmas baby.

Trying to be positive

I really hope everything is ok my lovely, please stay positive, as you probably know I am going through a m/c... but I have had a good outcome too, i had a bleed with my last pregnancy at around 9 weeks which ended up being a small Subcronic Hemorrhage , and it cleared up within a week, and he is now a healthy 4 year old :)
what time is your scan tomorrow? Please keep us updated

xxxxxx

Thanks clover, definitely needed to hear that; I really hope it's the same for me. My scan is 13:30.

I've been following your thread. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I really hope you get some answers soon xxx

Oh thanks for your kindness hun, I'm getting there thanks,
I will be say a prayer for you and your baby tonight, I've got a really good feeling you will see a healthy little bean on the scan tomorrow, oh and don't worry if they don't see the hb as its not always visable at 6 weeks, stay strong, I know loads of ladies on here have had good outcomes,
I'm here for you if and when you need me :)

xxxxx

I am so sad to read this. Life is so unfair and cruel!
I really hope that everything turns out ok . Fingers crossed for you xxxx

This morning I have no cramps; I checked my cervix and it's closed (it was slightly open when the doctor examined me), but my fingers were coated with blood. I don't feel any of my previous pregnancy symptoms, so I just don't know what to think.

I'm so grateful that I'm getting a scan so quickly, especially as it's a bank holiday. At least I'll know soon

It all sounds positive hun, don't rely on symptoms either as they do come and go in early pregnancy, tbh my symptoms have got stronger the past few days and I'm having a m/c so it doesn't really make any sense, good luck for your scan today, will be thinking of you sweetie and praying everything ok :hugs:

xxxxx

The scan didn't find anything, and the hcg levels done on Saturday night were low, only 992. I've got to go back for repeat bloods in the morning to see which way they are going. Not feeling positive about this at all.

Thanks for the support ladies x

Oh hun I was really hoping for good news
(Sorry I've not been on sooner having a bad day myself mood wise )
They wouldn't see anything if your levels were low, is there any chance you're not as far on as 6 weeks? Sometimes if your only 4/5 weeks they can't see anything but then another week and the baby/sac is visable
Big hugs my lovely I'm here for you

xxxxxxxx

So sorry Blackcat.
It's a heartbreaking, lonely process, especially when you're not sure what's going on.
I will still be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your baby.
If it turns out to be sad news, remember there is always hope for the future. Always. Xx

Oh Clover, I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be going through so much.

Thanks SiameseCatLady, I'm trying to stay positive.

I've had a bit of time offline to try and get my head around all of this. I had repeat bloods this morning and my HCG has dropped from 992 to 228 so I've definitely have a miscarriage. To be honest, I was expecting it; I knew I wasn't pregnant anymore. The pain has almost completely gone and the bleeding is lighter so I think I've probably passed it without noticing.

I'm still a bit all over the place. When the nurse phoned with my results I was fine, and actually felt relieved to have a definite answer. When my manager phoned a little later to see how I was, as I'd phoned in sick yesterday but ended up speaking to my manager's manager, I ended up crying down he phone at her (no one at work knows yet). Thankfully she was really understanding, but I'm not looking forward to explaining why I've been off.

So sorry it wasnt better news. I had a feeling of relief when my MC was confirmed too. I would have given anything for a different outcome but at least I knew what was happening. Dont be afraid to cry. Bottling up your feelings isnt good for you. Hugs

Last edited:
Thanks BunnyN.

I think a glass of wine will help too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back