Mirrors

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
Iv got big mirrored wardrobes in my bedroom and although Chloe has looked at herself a few times well....... This morning she has found a new friend to smile giggle and play with, better than her pulling at my hair or trying to take phone from me! Lol

She is loving it!

P.S - she has also really noticed my OH mums cats, what was sweet but at the same time a bit upsetting as my furry baby died on 30th April so she never got a chance to really notice her :( x

James flirts with himself in the mirror LOL!! It's so sweet, he pulls this face that cracks me up.

James loves Amber, and Amber seems to like the attention - she is a bit of a performing monkey for him which is sweet. She is def doing it for attention from me though! I'll be holding James and she'll hop up on the sofa for a stroke from me but James loves her being so close and makes a grab for her.

I know it's early days but would you ever get another kitty hun?

xxxxxx

I couldn't get, we have only just managed to give some of her stuff away, iv kept some toys and bits. We had her cremated and she is in a nice box what has velvet inside and she is in a black celery bag. They also gave us a nice folder what inside has 6 poems (I haven't managed to read them all) one to mum and dad, one to Chloe, one from Smooke (the cat) to mum and dad, the other 2 nice poems.

Iv said to OH (who is still in bit about it) that when Chloe gets a bit older.....say 4 ish when she understands cats are not to be eaten, pulled or slapped then I will/maybe get her a kitten but at the moment I can't even let my neighbours cat in that must know that Smook has gone as she is now coming to the door?!?

Before I had Chloe even the thought of my cat going made me cry and even though me and my OH have had many tears iv coped with it a lot better than I thought I was going to because of Chloe.

She was my furry baby, sleeping next to me every night, on my lap ALL the time, purring as soon as she saw you but iv got Chloe to think about now so have to let her go :(

.......sorry about all that, think I needed to let it out a bit x

awww Lyla loves the mirror too but she doesn't look at herself much usually at me holding her which makes her smile everytime then she spins round and looks me in the face smiles then spins round to the mirror again. She thinks its hilarious.

Lyla loves our cat Simba too. Will sit and pet him and he loves it, he's such a lapcat though and wouldn't hurt a fly so I have to tell her to be gentle because she pulls his fur and whiskers and he just sits there purring :lol:

xx

awww Lyla loves the mirror too but she doesn't look at herself much usually at me holding her which makes her smile everytime then she spins round and looks me in the face smiles then spins round to the mirror again. She thinks its hilarious.

Lyla loves our cat Simba too. Will sit and pet him and he loves it, he's such a lapcat though and wouldn't hurt a fly so I have to tell her to be gentle because she pulls his fur and whiskers and he just sits there purring :lol:

xx

Oh bless your cat....they know its a baby dint they, well some cats :) x

xx

Oh bless your cat....they know its a baby dint they, well some cats :) x

Yeah he definitely knows :lol: he will avoid her at all costs but if she comes to him he will just lay there :lol:

Aww that would be sweet to get Chloe a kitty when she's a bit older. They are such loveable animals and so fun when they are kitties and into everything :lol:

xx

Yeah I would love to get her a kitten but I just couldn't do it yet, I think at the moment I'd even feel guilty getting some fish as it just doesn't seem right having another pet at the moment....maybe I will feel different after time.

Smooke did sniff Chloe a couple of times and actually sat on OH lap while he was holding her a few times. She also slept beside her Moses basket/crib when Chloe was a newborn as we was sleeping in the living room and my OH said she sleeps there because she is watching over Chloe but I said more like she is looking at her and thinking....."oh no not a baby"!!

Just would of been nice for Chloe to have noticed her before she went :( she loved watching OH mums cats over the weekend, she did grab one of them (she was a bit scared) and as you can imagine it was a grab and pull! :-/ poor cat! X

Oh PB it is so hard to lose a pet. I dread to think of the day Amber is no longer with us (hopefully it's many, many years in the future! She is only 5)

You have been so brave and I happy that Chloe has given you a positive focus

xx

Your cat is a sweetie.

Amber is a bit of a tease with James, she'll prance around just out of arms reach and that gets him all crazy.

Amber has actually been loads better since we had James. Before it would take her ages to come out when we had visitors, now she doesn't even flinch if people she doesn't know come in.

I have let James have a few strokes but he just grabs and poor little Amber looks at me as if to say "get him off of me NOW" :lol::lol:

I am so impressed with how well the get along though.

James understands her name and for well over a month when I ask him where Ambi is he looks for her [we never call her Amber, she is an Ambi]. James thinks the generic name for cats in Ambi tee hee!

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh PB it is so hard to lose a pet. I dread to think of the day Amber is no longer with us (hopefully it's many, many years in the future! She is only 5)

You have been so brave and I happy that Chloe has given you a positive focus

xx

Your cat is a sweetie.

Amber is a bit of a tease with James, she'll prance around just out of arms reach and that gets him all crazy.

Amber has actually been loads better since we had James. Before it would take her ages to come out when we had visitors, now she doesn't even flinch if people she doesn't know come in.

I have let James have a few strokes but he just grabs and poor little Amber looks at me as if to say "get him off of me NOW" :lol::lol:

I am so impressed with how well the get along though.

James understands her name and for well over a month when I ask him where Ambi is he looks for her [we never call her Amber, she is an Ambi]. James thinks the generic name for cats in Ambi tee hee!

xxxxxx

Amber sounds like Simba :lol: we call him Simby most of the time, well I do lol. Lyla looks for him when we come home and when she is in her bouncer she always looks round at his bed and then at me as if she's asking where he is. It's funny how babies know they aren't people though! Simba is 2 and still a big kitten, when I say big I mean big! He's still bigger than Lyla lol.

xx

Amber is a long, skinny thing. She looks heavy but is light as air. Last time we went to the vets she was about 4kg. James was only a lb less than the cat at birth LOL!

I grew up with a kitty and it was a lovely experience, she was in all our family piccies (lots in the background and you didn't even realise at the time)

Sorry to go OT, back to mirrors tee hee. James has a little mirror thing on his play-gym and he goes mad for it, even though it's one of those weird mirrors that distorts you.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back