Miracle Baby.. After 10 Years!! .....

Sammy2509

Reaction score
Hi ladies, am new here and to be honest never ever expected to be joining one of these sites!
I'm 35, I have PCOS and have done since I was a teenager. I have a beautiful son who is 11 next month, who was conceived on cycle 6 of clomid after 3 years ttc. Had a fantastic pregnancy with him and decided when he was a toddler to try again and try clomid. We were unsuccessful and tried it twice again for 12 months a time but never got our BFP. We were told by our fertility nurse that it was unlikely we would conceive again without IVF, we just couldn't afford it to be honest and although it was heartbreaking accepting that it wasn't going to happen, we moved forward with our lives and thanked God we were parents already and enjoyed the child we had and enjoying life in general and to be honest all the stress of ttc was a lot on our marriage and emotions it was nice to walk away from it all.
Years have passed and things have been going great, I joined slimming world to try and shift some weight, I did great and lost 20lb and loved the healthy lifestyle and changes. I started my own business recently and we booked a big family holiday for Cuba 2017.. Then.......
I realised I had missed a period, nothing new there as my system can go way over but then I noticed my boobs were really sore, hmmm...
I decided to rule out anything so of course I took the thousandth pregnancy test which of course was going to be negative!
Oh My GOD.. 5 tests later, including a digital shows my miracle has happened and I'm pregnant! Huge huge shock and still on cloud 9! It's early days the midwife went well, and she is putting me at 8 weeks 5 days but I disagree and say 7 weeks 5 days as my cycle doesn't go off a 28 day. I'm awaiting my scan but am due April 2017! Anybody want to join me in my journey feel free.. Be lovely to meet some other mums and share things it's been that long I'm out of sync with it all haha .. Love to all and for those ladies who are struggling.... NEVER give up, miracles really do happen and I wish you all the best in your journey, love Sammy X

Wow thats wonderful! Best of luck with your journey and I hope you have a wonderful, happy and healthy 9 months!

What a lovely end to your long journey! Hope all goes well

Congratulations x we have an April 2017 thread come and join us there x

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you over in April mummies :)

Thank you all .. Really starting to feel real now I've got my scan appointment for 14th sept so 2 weeks today! So exciting but if I'm honest I'm scared too.. Keep thinking what if.. Can't shake off the feeling I know all the tests are positive, my breasts are really tender to the point I can barely sleep on either side and wake up that many times with them, am tired and am falling asleep at any time of the day but only have had feeling of nausea not actually throwing up.. Which I was with my son. I know every pregnancy is different and I'm probably worrying for nothing but I'm so scared there's nothing in there, do I sound crazy? I think after all these years it's just so hard for me to believe that this is happening, please keep me in your thoughts that everything will be ok X

I love stories like yours. Join us on the mummy thread and the FB group :) Congratulations xxx

Wow congratulations! I wish you a happy & healthy 9 months! :dance:

Massive congratulations!!!!
I think everyone has doubts about whether its real until the scans!!! You will be fine!! Positive tests and symptoms -- you're gonna be a mumma again!!!! Xx

Thank you Hun it's sinking in now .. I'm just willing the days away next week can't come quick enough! Be interesting to see how far along I am too as my LMP was 29.07.16 but it's anyone's guess really due to the PCOS .. I do have a feeling though that I ovulated later so we will see! Thanks for your messages ladies it means a lot X

Congratulations amazing news! I totally get your anxiety because when you are so desperate for something so precious that came a long so unexpected you are terrified of losing it! I am the same in early stages after a very difficult, long, traumatic journey and I need this hope, I need this precious thing so bad it's scary to let go and get excited because you worry that if you do and anything happens you will fall from a greater height, but that fall would be massive anyway so why not enjoy it in the meantime...if only I could flip that switch in my brain! Xxx I pray this will goal the way for you but if little one was so determined to get here I am sure he/she is not going anywhere :) X

Lou what lovely words! Thank you so much Hun! It's true what you saying petrified but think I will be until I see that scan!! Thanks again lovely X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back