MIL's been helping.

l_maclean

Reaction score
I feel like a bitch!!

Im down at my parents just now - and spoke to DH on the phone tonight.

His mum's been round to help him with some of the decorating - so the border is now up in Lo's room, and last of the furniture is built.

But he also said she tidied away all the baby clothes.

Part of me thinks - oh thats nice - but im also like - thats my job.

I just know its all gonna have to come back out again, so i can put it where i want. plus i needed to go through everything and check what we have in what sizes - cos so far ive just picked up the odd bits with my weekly shop.

xxx

I feel a bit like that with my MIL and the rest of OHs family. Im grateful of their help but at the same time worry about them being too involved just incase they start to take over.

Im glad its not just me - and i wouldnt really say my mil's ever been exactly interfering - quite the opposite infact. im just a bit gutted that DH says everythings been put away.

Oh I would find that intensly annoying! I loved going through all the clothes i was given, sorting it into different age ranges and putting it in draws in catagories, babygrows in one, jumpers in another, towels at the bottom etc. Its the fun bit! If someone had done it I would have had a tantrum and thrown the whole lot in a big pile in the middle of the room, thoroughly mixed it up and then calmly started from scratch

But I'm a bit precious like that lol

It's nice of her to help but it would irritate me too!

I wanna be the one to do all of that. I'm gonna have to live with it so I wanna be the one to organise it!

If someone had done it I would have had a tantrum and thrown the whole lot in a big pile in the middle of the room, thoroughly mixed it up and then calmly started from scratch

But I'm a bit precious like that lol

that is EXACTLY the sort of thing I would have done too!!!! Hehe! :)

I would feel the same, even OH knows to leave it all to me :) just say thank you, smile and do it again yourself, lol xx
Ive had to re-arrange things a few times anyway as we got more stuff or when i thought of better places for things to go

I'd feel the same as well hun. It's really kind of her to help and I'm sure she means well, but there are some things you just want to do yourself. I agree with Dollie ;) x

yeah i'm the same i love my MIL to bits but it's my son and if i want my my clothes in the top draw not the bottom then i will!! lol i feel a bit sorry for my SIL because she's just had a little girl and she's always picking her up and messing with her! i'd of told her to back off if it was with my son but i know she's excited and she only wants whats best for olivia, but there is a thing of going to far and spoiling them (hanna picked olivia up to change her and she wanted nanny and i had to keep my mouth shut) i'm just glad i dont live with them any more because i'd have to say something!

lol i take it im lucky that noone is at all interested in sorting out any of my baby stuff but me. my OH barely ventures into babys room as he cant see a need to lol. ive got all the clothes and most of the other bits and bobs with my wages as ive gone along and i built the cot n set it up. he did go and look at it and said it looks really nice lol. his mum lives 6 hrs away so isnt around and my mum is scared of upsetting me so she barely even visits lol. i just go to hers. if i want help i just have to ask but if i dont ask i dont get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back