Milk

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz85

Reaction score
hello!

My soon to be 11 month old has 15 ounces of milk a day plus solids. I was chatting to a mother today of a child who has just turned 12 months and she was told by the health visitor their milk in take should be down to just one bottle by about a day I was quite shocked by this.

My son loves his milk and I am going by his needs.

Anyone any thoughts?

Health visitors have this lovely idea that they should be on one cup of milk,all bottles should go at a year and that they eat perfectly. Maybe in a perfect world.

Do whats right for you and your baby.
My 18 month old has a sippy cup of milk in the morning after her nap in the afternoon and a bottle before bed and some during the night.

My eldest had a bottle before bed until 3.5.

Go with your instinct. Dont worry about what others are doing.
As long as they are eating well and not using the milk as a meal substitute I wouldn't worry x

Seconding what Loula said, I would follow your instincts and let your LB lead you. My LB stopped BF at 13 months, and moved on to 3 sippy cups of milk a day (about 12oz). Then at about 14 months he dropped the afternoon milk and now has a sippy cup first thing and before bed.

Thanks ladies. Yeh I’m Just going by what he wants really. He loves milk he gets really excited when he see the bottle lol :)

It’s so weird when we all get different advice lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27