Milk

l_maclean

Reaction score
Anyone given cows milk earlier than 1 year??? My pregnancy is causing probs with my milk supply, but I don't wanna buy in formula for a few weeks. XXX

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

How old is lo now? I am sure couple of weeks wont make much difference

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I was told by mw that it's ok from 9/10months if you've been bf! Someone asked about returning to work and they said if you go back at 9m and they're eating a good diet it's fine! And congrats :love:

She's just over 10months. So it's less than 8 weeks till a year. Xxx

I started introducing the odd cup of cows milks at 10 months and was completely switched by about 11.5 months

Mummy to Gracie 26/10/11

I don't know never gave cows milk before a year. why not use formula? or the growing up one whatever its called?

We gave T cows milk from 11 months as i could meet his demands expressing and we weaned from the breast about 11 1/2 months. as long as LO is getting a good diet there is nichola need for any formula. i figured that he had been getting cows milk on cereal and my HV was aware of what we were doing and never voiced any concern x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We're not there yet but I can see why not, especially of she's been having cows milk on things like cereal etc x

On the BLW course I went on at the local sure start centre they said cows milk can be given from around 10 months if you want to avoid formula xx

can i ask why you want to avoid formula?? it still comes from an animal weather its cows milk or formula.

much more expensive comes first to my mind lol.

anyway planing of giving follow on formula until 3 years old or toddler formula no idea how its called in uk for the iron fortification and extra vitamin D and A as i live in Norway and we need a crap load of that and use cow milk obviously in cooking.

lorna congrats!!! how did i even miss that???

here in the uk the follow on formula isnt much cheaper to normal formula lol x

I was gonna say more expensive and saves having to switch again so soon.
Obviously I ff but I started giving cows milk in one bottle at 11 months and waited for her formula to run out which was about a week later, before switching her second bottle and she was fully on it. x

Tapatalking :)

Basically it seems daft to spend money on formula which may not get used (depends on what we need to top up) and also it seems silly to almost wean her on to one thing, then have to change to another. Have given Her a little cows milk, it just seems to be bedtime she gets frustrated!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back