Milk Supply

Kim

Reaction score
For one reason or another, for the last couple of days I have not breastfed or expressed more than 1 feed per day. As a result of this, my milk supply has drasically decreased. I really want to carry on breast feeding; is there any way to increase my supply again? :?

Thanks Beanie that's brilliant - all is not lost!!

My favourite tip for increasing milk supply is the vacation one when you stay in bed all day with baby just letting them feed, soundw like heaven (the staying in bed bit I mean). Hope it all works out for you and that you can carry on with the bf. xx

Kim, I'm no expert but go on the pump after every feed and pump until nothing more comes out, freeze the milk if you are expressing too much and save it for a rainy day*S*. My milk started to fall off cos I was a bit sick for a couple of days and that's how I got it up again.

Sue

Thanks for the replies :) I have been letting rubie suckle and topping her up with formula, and I am gradually producing more. When I expressed last night I could only get 1/2 an oz, and that was from both breasts. This morning I got 1oz from each breast - YAY!!

Hey Kim...also pumping at night if you can, is a help because that's when your hormone prolactin that governs milk supply is released and the more demand there is during the night, the more milk you will have in the morning.

I would only manage a few mils each breast when I started off and now I'm getting about four ounces altogether each expression. Sometimes six ounces if it's the morning.

Sue

YAY up to 2.5 oz now, I'm getting there, keep on pumping lol!!

Remember to drink loads too, if I down a pint of water I can feel the milk appear after a while it's amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back